Three games survive
The Hitchin Sunday Football League It was another quiet day in the Hitchin Sunday League as the weather again decimated the weekend s fixtures as just three games survived the conditions. In the Premier Division, PJ Hitchin travelled to play Stotfold Sund
The Hitchin Sunday Football League
It was another quiet day in the Hitchin Sunday League as the weather again decimated the weekend's fixtures as just three games survived the conditions.
In the Premier Division, PJ Hitchin travelled to play Stotfold Sunday and returned happy following a 6-2 success.
Ryan Foster netted a hat-trick while Dorian Small (two) and Ricky Small added the others.
In Division Three, The Park beat struggling Wilbury in an entertaining encounter.
The final score was 7-3 and The Park's goals came courtesy of Steven Monaghan (two), Lee Gibbs, Gary Dowling (hat-trick) and Grant Kellor.
- 1 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 2 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 3 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 4 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 5 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 6 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 7 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Police warning after distraction thefts in Stevenage and North Herts
- 10 Trial date set for Met police officer from Stevenage accused of rape
One cup tie took place at the weekend and that was at Walsworth.
First Division Walsworth hosted Premier Division Whitwell and many pundits expected a rout as Walsworth were thumped 9-0 by the reserve side from Whitwell a fortnight earlier.
But Walsworth put in a sterling performance before finally going down 4-2.
Ben Good and Fraser Boules scored for the home side while Wayne Mulloolly, Wes Batten, Gordon Guile and Dean Mullins ensured Whitwell's cup run continued as they reached the third round.
* Compiled by Leighton Machin.
Sunday, February 11
Premier Division: Stotfold Sunday 2 PJ Hitchin 6.
Division Three: The Park 7 Wilbury 3.
Challenge Cup, second round: Walsworth 2 Whitwell 4.
All other games postponed.
Sunday, February 18
Challenge Cup, round two: Angels Reply v Wanderers, SMU v PJ Hitchin.
Challenge Cup, round three: The George Hitchin v Engineers Henlow
Premier Division Cup, round two: Whitwell v Red Star ICL.
Reserve Cup, semi-final: HTS Barleycorn Res v Whitwell Res.
Premier Division: Cannon v Stotfold Sunday, HTS Barleycorn v AC Malone, Kcinsatop v Bar Absolute.
Division One: Crown Stotfold v AEK Letchworth, Ocean's XI v Kcinsatop Res, Offley Parish v Walsworth.
Division Two: Baldock Sunday v Five Bells, Broadmead v SMU Res, Dynamo Letchworth v North Herts Hatters, Shillington v Radcliffe Arms, Wanderers Res v Paynes Park, Wilbury v AC Malone Res.
Herts Sunday Junior Cup, quarter-finals: George and Dragon v Northaw.