Thirteen's not unlucky for some
Thirteen past presidents of the North Hertfordshire Women s Bowling Association were together at Hitchin. It is the inaugural season for the Past Presidents Cup, donated by second time around president of the association Diane Porter who hosted the after
Thirteen past presidents of the North Hertfordshire Women's Bowling Association were together at Hitchin.
It is the inaugural season for the Past Presidents' Cup, donated by second time around president of the association Diane Porter who hosted the afternoon.
The 13 lady past presidents competed against each other last Wednesday in a round robin, three sets of seven competition, in order to find two finalists to play for the Past Presidents' Cup on finals day in August.
As it was a singles competition, markers for the games were provided by six men, plus one lady, from the Hitchin club.
You may also want to watch:
After a glorious sunny day with some strong gusting winds later on, the two finalists from the competition were Pat Beadle (2006 president) and Peggy Lewis (1992 president).
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 7 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards