Thirteen's not unlucky for some
Thirteen past presidents of the North Hertfordshire Women s Bowling Association were together at Hitchin. It is the inaugural season for the Past Presidents Cup, donated by second time around president of the association Diane Porter who hosted the after
Thirteen past presidents of the North Hertfordshire Women's Bowling Association were together at Hitchin.
It is the inaugural season for the Past Presidents' Cup, donated by second time around president of the association Diane Porter who hosted the afternoon.
The 13 lady past presidents competed against each other last Wednesday in a round robin, three sets of seven competition, in order to find two finalists to play for the Past Presidents' Cup on finals day in August.
As it was a singles competition, markers for the games were provided by six men, plus one lady, from the Hitchin club.
After a glorious sunny day with some strong gusting winds later on, the two finalists from the competition were Pat Beadle (2006 president) and Peggy Lewis (1992 president).
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Work begins on Gresley Park site for 600 homes