The North Mid Herts League
Premier Division side Sporting KFA started well against London Road and took the lead early on through a Mick Jones volley. Towards the end of the first half Danny Myles took a free kick from the right hand side and Jones headed in to the top left corne
Premier Division side Sporting KFA started well against London Road and took the lead early on through a Mick Jones' volley.
Towards the end of the first half Danny Myles took a free kick from the right hand side and Jones headed in to the top left corner for both his and KFA'S second.
The second half started well for the visitors but it was London Road who pulled one back after they were awarded a penalty.
Bradley Gorman converted and was then on hand soon after to equalised after an excellent cross from the left.
You may also want to watch:
With a couple of minutes to go, Sporting turned up the pressure and Marvin Brooks scored after some good work from Parmdeep Johal. The game looked won, but some sloppy defending allowed London Road to level the scores with a bullet from Dan Thurlby's, with virtually the last header of the game.
In Division One North City Hearts bounced back from last week's humiliation by defeating table topping Sporting Kandola 6-2. Although the visitors were depleted in numbers they battled throughout and never gave up even scoring first. However, they eventually succumbed thanks largely due to a hat-trick from James Campbell in the second half.
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 3 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 6 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 7 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 8 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 9 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
Westwell picked up their first point of the season after coming back from 3-1 down against Fairlands. Glen Dorrington scored an early goal for Westwell. Goals from Kenny Liggett, Lanre Adebiyi and Tunde Falegan made it 3-1 before Dorrington then scored two more in the last 10 minutes to make it