The North and Mid Herts Football League round-up
Probuild were emphatic 7-2 winners at Sporting KFA in the Premier Division. They raced into a three-goal lead thanks to a bullet header from Adam Mackenzie, followed by a great Barry Greenaway strike and another fine header from Dave Clemence into the far
Probuild were emphatic 7-2 winners at Sporting KFA in the Premier Division.
They raced into a three-goal lead thanks to a bullet header from Adam Mackenzie, followed by a great Barry Greenaway strike and another fine header from Dave Clemence into the far corner from a tight angle.
Pulled back to 3-2, Mackenzie then restored their two-goal cushion with a header from a Greenaway corner.
Richard Hall scored a fifth and then Greenaway was fouled and Mike Travis stepped up to send the keeper the wrong way from the penalty spot. The scoring was completed when Gary Pomfret sent a lovely ball through for Hall whose cross was met by the returning Dean Wylie to send his looping header into the net.
You may also want to watch:
Nirankari were equally comfortable four-goal winners at Redbourn.
White Hart won a seven-goal thriller at home to London Colney A, while Whitwell Village were thrashed 7-1 at London Road.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 9 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 10 6 things to do in North Herts during the summer holidays
In Division One North, Carl Thompson scored a spectacular overhead kick as Probuild Res beat City Hearts 7-3.
Baldock Town Letchworth A lost by the odd goal in five to Sporting Kandola, while St Ippolyts won 4-1 at Fairlands.
Saturday, September 27
Premier Division: London Road 7 Whitwell Village 1, Redbourn 0 Nirankari 4, Sporting KFA 2 Probuild 7, White Hart 4 London Colney A 3.
Division One North: Baldock Town Letchworth A 2 Sporting Kandola 3, Fairlands 1 St Ippolyts 4, Probuild Res 7 City Hearts 3.
Saturday, October 4
Premier Division: Nirankari v London Road, Whitwell Village v London Colney A.
Greg Cup, round one: Welwyn Garden City Res v White Hart, Probuild Res v St Ippolyts, Baldock Town Letchworth A v Sporting Kandola, Probuild v Fairlands.