The North and Mid Herts Football League round-up
Nirankari won by a couple of goals at home to London Road in the Premier Division. Whitwell Village earned a point from a 2-2 draw at home to London Colney A. Probuild were 6-3 winners over Fairlands in the first round of the Greg Cup. Their scorers as th
Nirankari won by a couple of goals at home to London Road in the Premier Division.
Whitwell Village earned a point from a 2-2 draw at home to London Colney A.
Probuild were 6-3 winners over Fairlands in the first round of the Greg Cup.
Their scorers as they led 3-1 at the break were Barry Greenaway, Ricky Lawrence and Rich Hall.
Probuild played the second half with 10 men due to injuries but soon scored their fourth when Hall fired in his second of the game.
Fairlands got their second before Lawrence raced clear for his second of the game and Mick Simpson smashed home number six. Finally Fairlands got a late third when a shot was diverted goalbound by a Probuild defender.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 6 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 7 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 8 Vauxhall flips onto roof in crash with Mercedes in Letchworth
- 9 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 10 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
There were also wins for White Hart, Probuild Res and Sporting Kandola in first round fixtures.
Saturday, October 4
Premier Division: Nirankari 2 London Road 0, Whitwell Village 2 London Colney A 2.
Greg Cup, round one: Welwyn Garden City Res 0 White Hart 3, Probuild Res 5 St Ippolyts 0, Baldock Town Letchworth A 1 Sporting Kandola 7, Probuild 6 Fairlands 3.
Saturday, October 11
Benevolent Shield, round one: Probuild v London Colney A, Sporting KFA v White Hart.
Division One North Cup, round one: Baldock Town Letchworth A v Probuild Res, St Ippolyts v Sporting Kandola, Fairlands v Therfield Eagles, Westwell v City Hearts.
Premier Division: Whitwell Village v Nirankari.