The next generation at Marriotts
Some of the youngest Marriotts gymnasts displayed their talents on Sunday as the club hosted the level seven and level six Herts county team championships. In the morning, it was the turn of the level seven gymnasts. This is the first level of county cham
Some of the youngest Marriotts gymnasts displayed their talents on Sunday as the club hosted the level seven and level six Herts county team championships.
In the morning, it was the turn of the level seven gymnasts. This is the first level of county championship and is only contested on floor and vault.
The young Marriotts team of Catherine Dorey, Naomi Tella, Serena Bateman, Grace Monchar, and competing reserve Olivia Andrews, put in an excellent performance to take gold with a team score of 63.1. over a mark and a half ahead of the next team.
And in the afternoon, the level six championship was a close fought competition with only 0.6 of a mark covering second, third and fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately it was the Marriotts team who just missed out on the medals.
But the team of Alice Fowler, Bethany Todd, Cerhys Davis-Jones and Jade Lam-Richardson should be pleased with their performance in such a tight competition.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 3 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 9 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity