The magnificent seven
THE battle for places in the Holsten Premier League Darts will step up a gear when the tournament visits the Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre tonight (Thursday). With just two league nights remaining, two of the places in the top four have yet to be fina
THE battle for places in the Holsten Premier League Darts will step up a gear when the tournament visits the Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre tonight (Thursday).
With just two league nights remaining, two of the places in the top four have yet to be finalised.
Four players are in the hunt to join Phil Taylor and Raymond van Barneveld in the semi-finals at the end of May, with Roland Scholten and Colin Lloyd currently occupying the two remaining spots.
Scholten can confirm his place in the top four should he take victory in one of his two matches in Stevenage.
The Dutchman meets Peter Manley in the first game of the night before returning to face fellow countryman van Barneveld later this evening.
Lloyd takes on Taylor in the second game in a repeat of last year's final, while Baxter meets winless Wayne Mardle, who is sat at the foot of the table.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 3 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 4 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 5 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 6 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 7 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 8 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 9 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 10 Thousands set to bring out the bunting for Jubilee thanks to grant funding
"I've got three games left, so getting at least one win should be possible for me," said Scholten. Manley defeated Mardle 8-3 in Doncaster to remain in the hunt for a place, and is confident that he can sneak into the top four.
All the action is being televised on Sky Sports from 7.30pm tonight.