The Hitchin Sunday Football League Round-up
Premier Division leaders PJ Hitchin extended their lead at the top of the table to eight points thanks to a comfortable 7-3 win against The Park. Craig Skelton netted five of the goals with the others coming from Dorian Small and Adrian Turner. Crown Sto
Premier Division leaders PJ Hitchin extended their lead at the top of the table to eight points thanks to a comfortable 7-3 win against The Park.
Craig Skelton netted five of the goals with the others coming from Dorian Small and Adrian Turner. Crown Stotfold recovered from last week's defeat by having a surprise 3-1 win over Kcinsatop.
In Division One HTS Barleycorn Reserves won away to SMU and also kept their first clean sheet of the season by 4-0.
Kcinsatop Reserves and Jackmans Jackdaws battled out an 11 goal thriller with Kcinsatop coming out 7-4 winners.
Division Two saw league leaders Operation Swordfish beat Broadmead 4-1 to continue their winning run. Dynamo Letchworth picked up three points against the luckless Red Hart after a convincing 6-1 victory. Cannon Reserves were unable to build on last week's win as they lost at home to Oceans Eleven 3-1.
In Division Three Green Man Ickleford moved to the top of the table and improved their goal difference with an emphatic 8-0 win against Paynes Park.. Clifton Sunday Reserves and Wilbury shared the spoils in a tight 1-1 encounter.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
In the Herts Sunday Senior Cup Whitwell had a bad day losing 5-0 away to Horse & Groom. It was the third round of the Herts Sunday Junior Cup and disappointingly all teams from the Hitchin Sunday League were knocked out.
Walsworth lost out to Herald United 4-2. Wanderers Reserves scored twice through well taken goals from Mayo Fadaka only to be pegged back by Dome Bar Rangers to take the game to extra time. Rangers then took the lead early in the first period of extra time following a free kick from just outside the penalty area, then late in the game Rangers broke away to score a fourth to seal the tie.
LGC Spartans were well beaten 9-2 against Eurocar and Athletico Hitchin suffered a rare defeat by losing at home to Highgate Redwing 4-1.
In the second round of the Beds Sunday Centenary Cup Clifton Sunday went down 4-3 to St Johns after surrendering a 2-0 lead. On the score sheet for Clifton were Chris Coveney, Matt Rumbelow and Lyam Redmond. However, there was better news for Shillington Sunday as they beat AC Cadoza 4-1.
Finally in the second round of the Beds Sunday Lower Junior Cup Leigh Murphy and Gareth Head scored to give Chequers Stotfold a 2-1 win away to Victoria Rangers but Shillington lost out to Southcote Village by a score of 5-2.