The Hitchin Sunday Football League round-up
While this Sunday will see the arrival of the Easter bunny, the weekend just gone was very much the case of the arrival of the cats and dogs as torrential rain put paid to much of the fixture list. Just five games survived and many teams success this s
While this Sunday will see the arrival of the Easter bunny, the weekend just gone was very much the case of the arrival of the 'cats and dogs' as torrential rain put paid to much of the fixture list.
Just five games survived and many teams' success this season could now depend as much on their ability to get the players together on a midweek night as it is to get them out of bed on a Sunday!
In Division One, Angels Reply went back to the top of the table on goal difference after a 6-3 win at home to Kcinsatop Res.
Somehow, all three matches survived in Division Two.
You may also want to watch:
Broadmead proved much too strong for AC Malone Res and managed to get to double figures.
Matt Furniss led the way with four goals, Steve Young added two more while solitary strikes from Greg Dedman, Danny Robinson, Jon Wilson and Ben Antcliff completed the rout.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
Ocean's Eleven got back to winning ways by beating Wilbury 2-1.
Radcliffe Arms all but ensured Division two football next season with a 4-2 win at home to Walsworth.
Steve Cox, Adam Myers, Sam Roads and Jordan Miles scored for Radcliffe Arms, while Michael Burrows and Darren Collings replied for Walsworth.
In Division Three, Phoenix did their chances of sneaking third place no harm at all as they beat Three Tuns Galacticos 6-2.
Player of the year candidates Ian Hutchison (hat-trick) and the diminutive Greg Smith were among the goals. Richard Gates and Dave Thomas scored the others.
* All the latest news and views from the league can be found at www.hsfleague.com Please supply details of your team's goalscorers each week to have them included in The Comet.
Either send an email to Leighton.firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07867 839458. Copy deadline is Monday at 5pm, so please ensure all details are sent across before lunchtime on that day.
Sunday, March 16
Division One: Angels Reply 6 Kcinsatop Res 3.
Division Two: AC Malone Res 0 Broadmead 10, Ocean's Eleven 2 Wilbury 1, Radcliffe Arms 4 Walsworth 2.
Division Three: Phoenix 6 Three Tuns Galacticos 2.
All other games postponed.