The Hitchin Sunday Football League round-up
The final weeks of the season will prove to be a busy time for many clubs. The snowy weather played havoc with the weekend fixture list as just two games survived. In Division One, Baldock Engine continued their winning ways as they put seven past Wandere
The final weeks of the season will prove to be a busy time for many clubs.
The snowy weather played havoc with the weekend fixture list as just two games survived.
In Division One, Baldock Engine continued their winning ways as they put seven past Wanderers.
Marc Haynes got four, Mark Shelley bagged a couple and Danny Bennett also got on the scoresheet.
A team of willing volunteers helped ensure the double header between North Herts Hatters and Walsworth could go ahead.
With the lines cleared of snow and a yellow ball acquired from somewhere, the games took place in wintry conditions.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 7 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 8 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 What's the future Queen doing in a sandpit in Hertfordshire?
The first game finished 4-0 to North Herts Hatters as goals from Neil Walker, Martin Neighbours, Darren Kipling and Karl Doherty secured the points.
The second game was a much tighter affair and eventually finished with the points being shared as two goals from Fraser Boules were cancelled out by a Neil Walker strike and an unfortunate own goal.
The first of the season's cup finals takes place on Wednesday night when Cannon Res meet Kcinsatop Res in the Reserve Cup final.
The game is taking place at Arlesey Town and has a 7.30pm kick-off.
Full list of cup finals
April 16: Arlesey Town (7.30pm ko): Cannon Res v Kcinsatop Res - Reserve Cup.
April 20: Arlesey Town (6.30pm): Operation Swordfish v Three Tuns Galacticos - Division Three Cup.
April 23: Arlesey Town (7.30pm): Shillington v Offley Parish/Broadmead - Division Two Cup.
April 27: Arlesey Town (6.30pm): Baldock Engine v Kcinsatop Res - Division One Cup.
May 4: Hitchin Town (6.30pm): Chequers Stotfold/Kcinsatop Res v Operation Swordfish/Whitwell - George John Memorial Trophy.
May 7: Hitchin Town (7.30pm): AEK Letchworth v Kcinsatop - Division One Cup.
May 11: Hitchin Town (6.30pm): teams still unknown - Subsidiary Cup.
May 14: Arlesey Town (7.30pm): PJ Hitchin/The Park/Kcinsatop v Baldock Engine/Shillington Sunday - Challenge Cup.
Please come and support the league at these showpiece events.
* All the latest news and views from the league can be found at www.hsfleague.com
Sunday, April 6
Division One: Wanderers 1 Baldock Engine 7.
Division Two: North Herts Hatters 4 Walsworth 0, Walsworth 2 North Herts Hatters 2.
All other games postponed.
Sunday, April 13
Premier Division: AEK Letchworth v AC Malone, Red Star ICL v HTS Barleycorn.
Division One: HTS Barleycorn Res v SMU, Whitwell Res v Angels Reply.
Division Two: Jackmans Jackdaws v AC Malone Res, North Herts Hatters v Broadmead, Ocean's Eleven v Offley Parish, Dynamo Letchworth v Walsworth (double header).
Division Three: Paynes Park v Clifton Sunday.
Challenge Cup, round three: The Park v Kcinsatop.
George John Memorial Trophy, semi-finals: Chequers Stotfold v Kcinsatop Res, Operation Swordfish v Whitwell.