The Hitchin Sunday Football League round-up
League champions Kcinsatop were too strong for AEK Letchworth in the final of the Premier Division Cup. While many anticipated a close affair, Kcinsatop obviously had other ideas as they eased to a 4-0 victory. Crown Stotfold ended the season with silverw
League champions Kcinsatop were too strong for AEK Letchworth in the final of the Premier Division Cup.
While many anticipated a close affair, Kcinsatop obviously had other ideas as they eased to a 4-0 victory.
Crown Stotfold ended the season with silverware after defeating Whitwell 2-0 in the Subsidiary Cup final, Wes Byrne and Matt Evans bagging the goals.
Angels Reply and Baldock Engine both had games against third-placed The Park to decide the destiny of the Division One title.
Baldock Engine's game on Sunday proved to be an anti-climax as Angels Reply clinched the title earlier in the week by winning their game 7-1.
Baldock managed just the five as Adam Shelley (two), Anthony Beedell, Kevin Smith and Daniel Bennett all netted.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 2 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 3 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 4 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 5 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 6 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 7 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 8 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 9 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 10 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
Kcinsatop Res rounded off their season with a 6-3 win at SMU.
In Division Two, Shillington were 7-0 winners at Walsworth to round their season off in style, while Radcliffe Arms ended a good season with a 2-0 win at home to Wilbury.
Division Three champions Operation Swordfish had three games in a week and secured maximum points as they beat Green Man Ickleford, Paynes Park and Shillington Sunday 10-1, 5-2 and 5-3 respectively.
Three Tuns Galacticos hosted Clifton at Henlow Park and goals from Glenn Clarke, Chris Coveney and Guisseppi Follano (two) ensured Clifton secured third place in the league with a 4-2 victory.
The final cup final of the season took place last night (Wednesday) between PJ Hitchin and Baldock Engine.
The Comet will bring you a full report next week.
* All the latest news and views from the league can be found at www.hsfleague.com
Wednesday, May 7
Premier Division Cup, final: AEK Letchworth 0 Kcinsatop 4.
Sunday, May 11
Division One: Baldock Engine 5 The Park 0, SMU 3 Kcinsatop Res 6.
Division Two: Radcliffe Arms 2 Wilbury 0, Walsworth 0 Shillington 7.
Division Three: Shillington Sunday 3 Operation Swordfish 5, Three Tuns Galacticos 2 Clifton 4.
Subsidiary Cup, final: Crown Stotfold 2 Whitwell 0.