The Hitchin Sunday Football League round-up
League champions Kcinsatop were too strong for AEK Letchworth in the final of the Premier Division Cup. While many anticipated a close affair, Kcinsatop obviously had other ideas as they eased to a 4-0 victory. Crown Stotfold ended the season with silverw
League champions Kcinsatop were too strong for AEK Letchworth in the final of the Premier Division Cup.
While many anticipated a close affair, Kcinsatop obviously had other ideas as they eased to a 4-0 victory.
Crown Stotfold ended the season with silverware after defeating Whitwell 2-0 in the Subsidiary Cup final, Wes Byrne and Matt Evans bagging the goals.
Angels Reply and Baldock Engine both had games against third-placed The Park to decide the destiny of the Division One title.
Baldock Engine's game on Sunday proved to be an anti-climax as Angels Reply clinched the title earlier in the week by winning their game 7-1.
Baldock managed just the five as Adam Shelley (two), Anthony Beedell, Kevin Smith and Daniel Bennett all netted.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
Kcinsatop Res rounded off their season with a 6-3 win at SMU.
In Division Two, Shillington were 7-0 winners at Walsworth to round their season off in style, while Radcliffe Arms ended a good season with a 2-0 win at home to Wilbury.
Division Three champions Operation Swordfish had three games in a week and secured maximum points as they beat Green Man Ickleford, Paynes Park and Shillington Sunday 10-1, 5-2 and 5-3 respectively.
Three Tuns Galacticos hosted Clifton at Henlow Park and goals from Glenn Clarke, Chris Coveney and Guisseppi Follano (two) ensured Clifton secured third place in the league with a 4-2 victory.
The final cup final of the season took place last night (Wednesday) between PJ Hitchin and Baldock Engine.
The Comet will bring you a full report next week.
* All the latest news and views from the league can be found at www.hsfleague.com
Wednesday, May 7
Premier Division Cup, final: AEK Letchworth 0 Kcinsatop 4.
Sunday, May 11
Division One: Baldock Engine 5 The Park 0, SMU 3 Kcinsatop Res 6.
Division Two: Radcliffe Arms 2 Wilbury 0, Walsworth 0 Shillington 7.
Division Three: Shillington Sunday 3 Operation Swordfish 5, Three Tuns Galacticos 2 Clifton 4.
Subsidiary Cup, final: Crown Stotfold 2 Whitwell 0.