The Herts Senior County Football League
Baldock Town Letchworth s inconsistent league form continued as a scrappy 83rd minute goal from Mill End Sports saw them slip to their sixth defeat of the season. Darren Matussa, Harry Holland, skipper Mark Nunn and Gareth Grant all threatened a first-hal
Baldock Town Letchworth's inconsistent league form continued as a scrappy 83rd minute goal from Mill End Sports saw them slip to their sixth defeat of the season.
Darren Matussa, Harry Holland, skipper Mark Nunn and Gareth Grant all threatened a first-half Baldock goal before the hosts had their best spell of the match either side of the break.
As the conditions deteriorated, so did Baldock Town's performance, and Mill End Sports took advantage with seven minutes to go, when the ball was bundled home from an inswinging corner.
Bedwell Rangers were thumped 6-1 away to St Peters and remain second from bottom in Senior Division One.
You may also want to watch:
Saints led by three goals at the break and the second half saw Bedwell Rangers continue to push forward for the goal they deserved.
Lloyd Lee's shot struck the bar before St Peters scored a fourth.
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
Bedwell Rangers finally got the goal they were looking for when Jamie Kingston was able to turn the ball into a crowded goal.
They continued to create chances but St Peters broke through and scored twice in as many minutes.
Kimpton and Hitchin Town Arena both won their games, while Knebworth lost 3-1 to Hertford Heath and Letchworth Garden City Eagles' game against Cuffley was called off.
Saturday, November 1
Senior Premier Division: Knebworth 1 Hertford Heath 3, Mill End Sports 1 Baldock Town Letchworth 0.
Senior Division One: Bushey Rangers 2 Hitchin Town Arena 3, Cuffley v Letchworth Garden City Eagles (off), Kimpton Rovers 5 Croxley Guild 1, St Peters 6 Bedwell Rangers 1.
Saturday, November 8
Senior Premier Division: Codicote v Evergreen, Knebworth v Sandridge Rovers, Park Street Village v Baldock Town Letchworth.
Senior Division One: Cuffley v Kimpton Rovers, Hitchin Town Arena v Bedwell Rangers, Letchworth Garden City Eagles v Bushey Rangers.