The Comet Stevenage Sunday Football League round-up
Steve Teale was the winner of The Comet Stevenage Sunday Football League Website Golden Boot competition for the 2007-08 season. Sponsored by the indoor market s KC Sports, the Pied Piper striker hit 35 league goals in their Comet Stevenage Sunday Footb
Steve Teale was the winner of The Comet Stevenage Sunday Football League 'Website Golden Boot' competition for the 2007-08 season.
Sponsored by the indoor market's KC Sports, the Pied Piper striker hit 35 league goals in their Comet Stevenage Sunday Football League Division One title-winning campaign.
Teale had enjoyed a couple of seasons playing for MC Racing in Division Three and should be commended for making the step up to test himself a little more.
Russell Bull (Nirankari Sports Sabha) had earlier been disqualified for falsifying his tally, particularly after a double header against lowly Woolmer Green Foxes in Division Four.
Teale also saw off Bull's team-mate, Lee Wilson, by a single goal.
Top 10 hotshots
- 1 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 7 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 8 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 9 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 10 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
(league + cup goals, plus total)
Russell Bull (Nirankari Sports Sabha) 41+20=61*
Steve Teale (Pied Piper) 35+9=44
Lee Wilson (Nirankari Sports Sabha) 34+9=43
John Johnston (Pig and Whistle) 25+12=37
Darren Curry (North Herts Celtic) 26+8=34
Jason Lovelock (White Horse) 21+11=32
Dave Pateman (Royal Oak) 22+8=30
Marvin Hall (Stevenage Fencing) 27+3=30
Carl Thompson (Chequers) 17+10=27
Ben Coles (Peartree) 11+15=26