The Comet Stevenage Sunday Football League round-up
Steve Teale was the winner of The Comet Stevenage Sunday Football League Website Golden Boot competition for the 2007-08 season. Sponsored by the indoor market s KC Sports, the Pied Piper striker hit 35 league goals in their Comet Stevenage Sunday Footb
Steve Teale was the winner of The Comet Stevenage Sunday Football League 'Website Golden Boot' competition for the 2007-08 season.
Sponsored by the indoor market's KC Sports, the Pied Piper striker hit 35 league goals in their Comet Stevenage Sunday Football League Division One title-winning campaign.
Teale had enjoyed a couple of seasons playing for MC Racing in Division Three and should be commended for making the step up to test himself a little more.
Russell Bull (Nirankari Sports Sabha) had earlier been disqualified for falsifying his tally, particularly after a double header against lowly Woolmer Green Foxes in Division Four.
You may also want to watch:
Teale also saw off Bull's team-mate, Lee Wilson, by a single goal.
Top 10 hotshots
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 9 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
(league + cup goals, plus total)
Russell Bull (Nirankari Sports Sabha) 41+20=61*
Steve Teale (Pied Piper) 35+9=44
Lee Wilson (Nirankari Sports Sabha) 34+9=43
John Johnston (Pig and Whistle) 25+12=37
Darren Curry (North Herts Celtic) 26+8=34
Jason Lovelock (White Horse) 21+11=32
Dave Pateman (Royal Oak) 22+8=30
Marvin Hall (Stevenage Fencing) 27+3=30
Carl Thompson (Chequers) 17+10=27
Ben Coles (Peartree) 11+15=26