The Comet Stevenage Sunday Football League round-up
The arrival of snow in late March has given league fixture secretary Darren Statto Jones a real headache. Midweek games are now a certainty after all the matches were postponed at the weekend. The borough council originally deemed all pitches unplayable
The arrival of snow in late March has given league fixture secretary Darren 'Statto' Jones a real headache.
Midweek games are now a certainty after all the matches were postponed at the weekend.
The borough council originally deemed all pitches unplayable on Saturday due to the constant rain which had fallen during the week.
However, the Sunday morning arrival of snow put paid to those games on private venues too.
You may also want to watch:
It all meant crucial double headers for Nirankari Sports Sabha and Dun Cow Res failed to go ahead.
Nirankari have nine league games to play, while they are also in two cup semi-finals in April.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
Dun Cow Res have eight league games, but while they also contest two semi-finals on a 'domestic' front, the side who are still 100 per cent in all competitions have a third in the county cup this Sunday.
Having been suspended for four weeks due to outstanding fines, Tom Tiddlers Tavern FC have decided to fold for the second time this season.
They had just one game remaining, which will be awarded to SCS, while their record will remain as they have 'played' the required 75 per cent of games.
The registered players will now foot a bill of £100 on top of the other debts.
They will be split evenly and will need to be cleared before they can be involved in any FA affiliated competitions.
* Compiled by Darren 'Statto' Jones
All games postponed.
Sunday, March 30
Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup, semi-final: Cheshunt Corinthians v Dun Cow Res (10.30am).
Premier Division: Bottles v Bedwell Ath (MP1), Nirankari SS v Mallard (PP1).
Division One: Breachwood L v Pig and Whistle (Brea), Emperors Head v Pin Green (HP2), Times Club v Pied Piper (10.30am; SP4).
Division Two: Fox v Royal Oak (RE3), Old Social v Bottles Res (RE5), SCS v Tom Tiddlers T (off; home win, Tom Tiddlers folded).
Division Three: A1 Trophies v MC Racing (10am, SP1), Hogshead v Stev Leisure (CP2), MBDA v King Pin Utd (Barc).
Division Four: North Herts Celtic v Stev Fencing (CW1), Rileys v Woolmer Grn Foxes (KG2), Roebuck Gate v Nirankari SS Res (10.30am, SP3), Yorkshire Grey v Coach and Horses (Alle).
Invitation Cup: Ath Timebridge (3v0) Stev Colts OB (RE4), Chequers (2v0) Putterills (KG3), Morecambe W (2v0) JAP Builders (CP3).
(All league and Invitation Cup games kick-off 10.15am,
cup games 10am, unless otherwise stated)