The Comet Stevenage Sunday Football League round-up
The arrival of snow in late March has given league fixture secretary Darren Statto Jones a real headache. Midweek games are now a certainty after all the matches were postponed at the weekend. The borough council originally deemed all pitches unplayable
The arrival of snow in late March has given league fixture secretary Darren 'Statto' Jones a real headache.
Midweek games are now a certainty after all the matches were postponed at the weekend.
The borough council originally deemed all pitches unplayable on Saturday due to the constant rain which had fallen during the week.
However, the Sunday morning arrival of snow put paid to those games on private venues too.
You may also want to watch:
It all meant crucial double headers for Nirankari Sports Sabha and Dun Cow Res failed to go ahead.
Nirankari have nine league games to play, while they are also in two cup semi-finals in April.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
Dun Cow Res have eight league games, but while they also contest two semi-finals on a 'domestic' front, the side who are still 100 per cent in all competitions have a third in the county cup this Sunday.
Having been suspended for four weeks due to outstanding fines, Tom Tiddlers Tavern FC have decided to fold for the second time this season.
They had just one game remaining, which will be awarded to SCS, while their record will remain as they have 'played' the required 75 per cent of games.
The registered players will now foot a bill of £100 on top of the other debts.
They will be split evenly and will need to be cleared before they can be involved in any FA affiliated competitions.
* Compiled by Darren 'Statto' Jones
All games postponed.
Sunday, March 30
Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup, semi-final: Cheshunt Corinthians v Dun Cow Res (10.30am).
Premier Division: Bottles v Bedwell Ath (MP1), Nirankari SS v Mallard (PP1).
Division One: Breachwood L v Pig and Whistle (Brea), Emperors Head v Pin Green (HP2), Times Club v Pied Piper (10.30am; SP4).
Division Two: Fox v Royal Oak (RE3), Old Social v Bottles Res (RE5), SCS v Tom Tiddlers T (off; home win, Tom Tiddlers folded).
Division Three: A1 Trophies v MC Racing (10am, SP1), Hogshead v Stev Leisure (CP2), MBDA v King Pin Utd (Barc).
Division Four: North Herts Celtic v Stev Fencing (CW1), Rileys v Woolmer Grn Foxes (KG2), Roebuck Gate v Nirankari SS Res (10.30am, SP3), Yorkshire Grey v Coach and Horses (Alle).
Invitation Cup: Ath Timebridge (3v0) Stev Colts OB (RE4), Chequers (2v0) Putterills (KG3), Morecambe W (2v0) JAP Builders (CP3).
(All league and Invitation Cup games kick-off 10.15am,
cup games 10am, unless otherwise stated)