The best of British
Muay Thai fighters from Comet country were involved in the East Area Thai Kickboxing s Extremity 3 show at the Bedford Corn Exchange on Sunday night. A packed bill of 16 fights featured two area title fights and two British title fights. One of the area t
Muay Thai fighters from Comet country were involved in the East Area Thai Kickboxing's Extremity 3 show at the Bedford Corn Exchange on Sunday night.
A packed bill of 16 fights featured two area title fights and two British title fights.
One of the area title fights saw East Area's John Hasell fighting at 65kgs in a 5x2 minute round bout.
John took on Scouser Michael Chong and his slick and powerful kicks ensured he finished the fight ahead on points and was declared the winner.
You may also want to watch:
The first British title was a 5x3 minute round battle at 76kgs between Russell Goodwin from Eagles Gym and East Area's Mark Baxter.
Mark demolished his opponent to win the title on points and is now the new British champ at 76kgs.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 4 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 5 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 6 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 9 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 10 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
East Area's Anthony Ferguson faced Kevin Kovalik from Wu Tan Gym for a British title fight at 60kgs in a 5x3 minute round battle.
The Bedford crowd made a deafening noise as Anthony entered the ring in his usual strong and confident manner.
He is now the new ISKA British champion at 60kgs after winning by TKO in the fifth round.