The best of British
Muay Thai fighters from Comet country were involved in the East Area Thai Kickboxing s Extremity 3 show at the Bedford Corn Exchange on Sunday night. A packed bill of 16 fights featured two area title fights and two British title fights. One of the area t
Muay Thai fighters from Comet country were involved in the East Area Thai Kickboxing's Extremity 3 show at the Bedford Corn Exchange on Sunday night.
A packed bill of 16 fights featured two area title fights and two British title fights.
One of the area title fights saw East Area's John Hasell fighting at 65kgs in a 5x2 minute round bout.
John took on Scouser Michael Chong and his slick and powerful kicks ensured he finished the fight ahead on points and was declared the winner.
You may also want to watch:
The first British title was a 5x3 minute round battle at 76kgs between Russell Goodwin from Eagles Gym and East Area's Mark Baxter.
Mark demolished his opponent to win the title on points and is now the new British champ at 76kgs.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
East Area's Anthony Ferguson faced Kevin Kovalik from Wu Tan Gym for a British title fight at 60kgs in a 5x3 minute round battle.
The Bedford crowd made a deafening noise as Anthony entered the ring in his usual strong and confident manner.
He is now the new ISKA British champion at 60kgs after winning by TKO in the fifth round.