The Bedfordshire Football League round-up
Mid Beds teams had a good weekend in the Bedfordshire Football League. In the Premier Division, supported by Sportsform, Campton had to hang on for dear life to collect the full three points away at Renhold United. They were 3-0 ahead with two goals from
Mid Beds teams had a good weekend in the Bedfordshire Football League.
In the Premier Division, supported by Sportsform, Campton had to hang on for dear life to collect the full three points away at Renhold United.
They were 3-0 ahead with two goals from Gary Gibson and a strike from Wayne Goldsmith in the opening half before Renhold United staged a recovery to narrow the gap to 3-2 by the final whistle.
The points were collected a lot easier for Campton Res in Division One in a 4-2 home win over Kempston, the goals coming from Steve Winch (two), Keiron O'Toole and a own goal.
In Division Two, Clifton now top the table after a double strike from William Pitts took them to a 2-1 win at Blue Chip.
While in Division Three, Three Tuns Galacticos are now up into second spot after coming up with a 87th minute winner at Stewartby Village in a 3-2 win with a goal from Luke Webb after earlier strikes from Brian Dodson and Ben Appado.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
But in the same division, Meppershall AFC had only a Adam Larsen goal to show from their 4-1 home defeat by Leighton United.