The Bedfordshire Football League round-up
Mid Beds teams had a good weekend in the Bedfordshire Football League. In the Premier Division, supported by Sportsform, Campton had to hang on for dear life to collect the full three points away at Renhold United. They were 3-0 ahead with two goals from
Mid Beds teams had a good weekend in the Bedfordshire Football League.
In the Premier Division, supported by Sportsform, Campton had to hang on for dear life to collect the full three points away at Renhold United.
They were 3-0 ahead with two goals from Gary Gibson and a strike from Wayne Goldsmith in the opening half before Renhold United staged a recovery to narrow the gap to 3-2 by the final whistle.
The points were collected a lot easier for Campton Res in Division One in a 4-2 home win over Kempston, the goals coming from Steve Winch (two), Keiron O'Toole and a own goal.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Two, Clifton now top the table after a double strike from William Pitts took them to a 2-1 win at Blue Chip.
While in Division Three, Three Tuns Galacticos are now up into second spot after coming up with a 87th minute winner at Stewartby Village in a 3-2 win with a goal from Luke Webb after earlier strikes from Brian Dodson and Ben Appado.
- 1 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 8 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
But in the same division, Meppershall AFC had only a Adam Larsen goal to show from their 4-1 home defeat by Leighton United.