The Bedfordshire Football League round-up
Campton remain on top of the Beds Football League Premier Division table, three points clear of their nearest rivals. This is after having to pull out all the stops to gain a 3-2 home win over AFC Kempston Town with goals from Stephen Gay, Andrew Hayday a
Campton remain on top of the Beds Football League Premier Division table, three points clear of their nearest rivals.
This is after having to pull out all the stops to gain a 3-2 home win over AFC Kempston Town with goals from Stephen Gay, Andrew Hayday and Gary Gibson.
But Henlow are now in the bottom half of the standings after being beaten 1-0 at home by a Sharnbrook side winning for the first time this campaign.
Elsewhere it was action in the opening round of this season's Beds FA Junior Cup which brought about wins for both Meppershall clubs.
AFC Meppershall caused the shock of the day in overcoming Division One side Royal Oak Kempston 2-1 thanks to goals from Sam Larsen and John Gaddenne.
Meppershall Jurassic needed extra time to secure a 5-2 home win over Saffron.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
A brace of goals from Dave Readman levelled matters inside normal time before Readman completed his hat-trick alongside goals from Danny Wing and Jamie Underwood to see them into round two.
Going out in the opening round were Clifton, who were beaten 4-1 at current holders Meltis Albion despite a goal from William Pitts, and Three Tuns Galacticos beaten 1-0 away at Woburn.