The Bedfordshire Football League round-up
Campton remain on top of the Beds Football League Premier Division table, three points clear of their nearest rivals. This is after having to pull out all the stops to gain a 3-2 home win over AFC Kempston Town with goals from Stephen Gay, Andrew Hayday a
Campton remain on top of the Beds Football League Premier Division table, three points clear of their nearest rivals.
This is after having to pull out all the stops to gain a 3-2 home win over AFC Kempston Town with goals from Stephen Gay, Andrew Hayday and Gary Gibson.
But Henlow are now in the bottom half of the standings after being beaten 1-0 at home by a Sharnbrook side winning for the first time this campaign.
Elsewhere it was action in the opening round of this season's Beds FA Junior Cup which brought about wins for both Meppershall clubs.
You may also want to watch:
AFC Meppershall caused the shock of the day in overcoming Division One side Royal Oak Kempston 2-1 thanks to goals from Sam Larsen and John Gaddenne.
Meppershall Jurassic needed extra time to secure a 5-2 home win over Saffron.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 5 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 6 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 7 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 8 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
A brace of goals from Dave Readman levelled matters inside normal time before Readman completed his hat-trick alongside goals from Danny Wing and Jamie Underwood to see them into round two.
Going out in the opening round were Clifton, who were beaten 4-1 at current holders Meltis Albion despite a goal from William Pitts, and Three Tuns Galacticos beaten 1-0 away at Woburn.