The Bedfordshire Football League round-up
Campton remain on top of the Beds Football League Premier Division table, three points clear of their nearest rivals. This is after having to pull out all the stops to gain a 3-2 home win over AFC Kempston Town with goals from Stephen Gay, Andrew Hayday a
Campton remain on top of the Beds Football League Premier Division table, three points clear of their nearest rivals.
This is after having to pull out all the stops to gain a 3-2 home win over AFC Kempston Town with goals from Stephen Gay, Andrew Hayday and Gary Gibson.
But Henlow are now in the bottom half of the standings after being beaten 1-0 at home by a Sharnbrook side winning for the first time this campaign.
Elsewhere it was action in the opening round of this season's Beds FA Junior Cup which brought about wins for both Meppershall clubs.
AFC Meppershall caused the shock of the day in overcoming Division One side Royal Oak Kempston 2-1 thanks to goals from Sam Larsen and John Gaddenne.
Meppershall Jurassic needed extra time to secure a 5-2 home win over Saffron.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 8 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 9 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
A brace of goals from Dave Readman levelled matters inside normal time before Readman completed his hat-trick alongside goals from Danny Wing and Jamie Underwood to see them into round two.
Going out in the opening round were Clifton, who were beaten 4-1 at current holders Meltis Albion despite a goal from William Pitts, and Three Tuns Galacticos beaten 1-0 away at Woburn.