The Bedfordshire Football League round-up
Campton remain on top of the Beds Football League Premier Division table, three points clear of their nearest rivals. This is after having to pull out all the stops to gain a 3-2 home win over AFC Kempston Town with goals from Stephen Gay, Andrew Hayday a
Campton remain on top of the Beds Football League Premier Division table, three points clear of their nearest rivals.
This is after having to pull out all the stops to gain a 3-2 home win over AFC Kempston Town with goals from Stephen Gay, Andrew Hayday and Gary Gibson.
But Henlow are now in the bottom half of the standings after being beaten 1-0 at home by a Sharnbrook side winning for the first time this campaign.
Elsewhere it was action in the opening round of this season's Beds FA Junior Cup which brought about wins for both Meppershall clubs.
You may also want to watch:
AFC Meppershall caused the shock of the day in overcoming Division One side Royal Oak Kempston 2-1 thanks to goals from Sam Larsen and John Gaddenne.
Meppershall Jurassic needed extra time to secure a 5-2 home win over Saffron.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
A brace of goals from Dave Readman levelled matters inside normal time before Readman completed his hat-trick alongside goals from Danny Wing and Jamie Underwood to see them into round two.
Going out in the opening round were Clifton, who were beaten 4-1 at current holders Meltis Albion despite a goal from William Pitts, and Three Tuns Galacticos beaten 1-0 away at Woburn.