The Bedfordshire Football League round-up
Campton maintained their lead at the head of the Beds Premier Division, supported by Sportsform, league table. First-half goals from Gary Gibson and Andrew Hayday were enough to take them to a 2-1 win at Blunham. And for Henlow it was a return to winning
Campton maintained their lead at the head of the Beds Premier Division, supported by Sportsform, league table.
First-half goals from Gary Gibson and Andrew Hayday were enough to take them to a 2-1 win at Blunham.
And for Henlow it was a return to winning ways with a 4-0 win at bottom of the table Bedford Sports Athletic, with two goals for Ross Pateman and single strikes from Greg Hall and James Tizard.
In Division One, it is a slide down the table for Campton Res, beaten at home by AFC Kempston Town Res 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
It was also a bleak afternoon in Division Two for both Clifton and Meppershall Jurassic.
Clifton were beaten 5-4 at home by Potton Wanderers despite the help of a own goal and strikes from Greg King, Mark Gearing and Barry Hallybone.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
Meppershall Jurassic were thrashed 11-0 on home soil by Great Barford.
In Division Three, Three Tuns Galacticos are now in third spot after a 2-0 win at Sandy A, with second-half goals from Ryan Dodson and Moni Nsiaswete.
But Meppershall AFC, after leading 3-0 at half-time with goals from George Robbins, Jason Rawlinson and Sam Larsen, had to settle for a share of the spoils from a 3-3 draw at Caldecote A.