The Bedfordshire Football League round-up
Campton safely made their way into the second round of the Beds Senior Trophy and a trip to Ampthill Town with a 3-0 home win over Meltis Corinthians. All the goals came in the second half, Gary Gibson netting twice including one from the penalty spot, an
Campton safely made their way into the second round of the Beds Senior Trophy and a trip to Ampthill Town with a 3-0 home win over Meltis Corinthians.
All the goals came in the second half, Gary Gibson netting twice including one from the penalty spot, and Stephen Gay once.
But there was no luck for another Beds League side, Henlow, beaten 3-0 at Kent Athletic.
For Division One Campton Res, it took a brace of goals from Kerion O'Toole for them to earn a share of the spoils in a 2-2 draw at Marston Social.
You may also want to watch:
But in Division Two, Clifton ran out easy 5-0 winners at Lidlington United Sports, Greg King and Tom Pitts both netting twice alongside Darren Carter.
And it was a return to winning ways for Meppershall Jurassic, 2-1 home winners over Oakley Sports Res, a goal from Thomas Donnelly and a Dan Taylor penalty doing the damage in the opening half.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 9 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
In Division Three, Three Tuns Galacticos came up with their best win of the season to date 8-0 at home over Kempston Athletic, Gary Jackson and Ryan Dobson with two goals each plus Scott Leger, Moni Nsiawete, Chris Houghton and Dan Brown the goal heroes.