The Bedfordshire Football League round-up
Campton safely made their way into the second round of the Beds Senior Trophy and a trip to Ampthill Town with a 3-0 home win over Meltis Corinthians. All the goals came in the second half, Gary Gibson netting twice including one from the penalty spot, an
Campton safely made their way into the second round of the Beds Senior Trophy and a trip to Ampthill Town with a 3-0 home win over Meltis Corinthians.
All the goals came in the second half, Gary Gibson netting twice including one from the penalty spot, and Stephen Gay once.
But there was no luck for another Beds League side, Henlow, beaten 3-0 at Kent Athletic.
For Division One Campton Res, it took a brace of goals from Kerion O'Toole for them to earn a share of the spoils in a 2-2 draw at Marston Social.
You may also want to watch:
But in Division Two, Clifton ran out easy 5-0 winners at Lidlington United Sports, Greg King and Tom Pitts both netting twice alongside Darren Carter.
And it was a return to winning ways for Meppershall Jurassic, 2-1 home winners over Oakley Sports Res, a goal from Thomas Donnelly and a Dan Taylor penalty doing the damage in the opening half.
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 3 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 4 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 5 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 6 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 Stevenage and Jack Smith still aiming for strong finish to season despite Mansfield frustrations
In Division Three, Three Tuns Galacticos came up with their best win of the season to date 8-0 at home over Kempston Athletic, Gary Jackson and Ryan Dobson with two goals each plus Scott Leger, Moni Nsiawete, Chris Houghton and Dan Brown the goal heroes.