The Bedfordshire Football League round-up
Campton safely made their way into the second round of the Beds Senior Trophy and a trip to Ampthill Town with a 3-0 home win over Meltis Corinthians. All the goals came in the second half, Gary Gibson netting twice including one from the penalty spot, an
Campton safely made their way into the second round of the Beds Senior Trophy and a trip to Ampthill Town with a 3-0 home win over Meltis Corinthians.
All the goals came in the second half, Gary Gibson netting twice including one from the penalty spot, and Stephen Gay once.
But there was no luck for another Beds League side, Henlow, beaten 3-0 at Kent Athletic.
For Division One Campton Res, it took a brace of goals from Kerion O'Toole for them to earn a share of the spoils in a 2-2 draw at Marston Social.
But in Division Two, Clifton ran out easy 5-0 winners at Lidlington United Sports, Greg King and Tom Pitts both netting twice alongside Darren Carter.
And it was a return to winning ways for Meppershall Jurassic, 2-1 home winners over Oakley Sports Res, a goal from Thomas Donnelly and a Dan Taylor penalty doing the damage in the opening half.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
In Division Three, Three Tuns Galacticos came up with their best win of the season to date 8-0 at home over Kempston Athletic, Gary Jackson and Ryan Dobson with two goals each plus Scott Leger, Moni Nsiawete, Chris Houghton and Dan Brown the goal heroes.