The Bedfordshire Football League round-up
Campton safely made their way into the second round of the Beds Senior Trophy and a trip to Ampthill Town with a 3-0 home win over Meltis Corinthians. All the goals came in the second half, Gary Gibson netting twice including one from the penalty spot, an
Campton safely made their way into the second round of the Beds Senior Trophy and a trip to Ampthill Town with a 3-0 home win over Meltis Corinthians.
All the goals came in the second half, Gary Gibson netting twice including one from the penalty spot, and Stephen Gay once.
But there was no luck for another Beds League side, Henlow, beaten 3-0 at Kent Athletic.
For Division One Campton Res, it took a brace of goals from Kerion O'Toole for them to earn a share of the spoils in a 2-2 draw at Marston Social.
But in Division Two, Clifton ran out easy 5-0 winners at Lidlington United Sports, Greg King and Tom Pitts both netting twice alongside Darren Carter.
And it was a return to winning ways for Meppershall Jurassic, 2-1 home winners over Oakley Sports Res, a goal from Thomas Donnelly and a Dan Taylor penalty doing the damage in the opening half.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 4 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 5 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 6 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 7 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 8 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 9 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 10 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
In Division Three, Three Tuns Galacticos came up with their best win of the season to date 8-0 at home over Kempston Athletic, Gary Jackson and Ryan Dobson with two goals each plus Scott Leger, Moni Nsiawete, Chris Houghton and Dan Brown the goal heroes.