The Bedfordshire Football League round-up
Campton s lead at the top of the Beds Football League Premier Division, supported by Sportsform, is now just three points. A Gary Gibson goal was not enough to save them going down to their first defeat of the season, 3-1 at home at the hands of Caldecote
Campton's lead at the top of the Beds Football League Premier Division, supported by Sportsform, is now just three points.
A Gary Gibson goal was not enough to save them going down to their first defeat of the season, 3-1 at home at the hands of Caldecote.
Henlow, with goals from James Tizard and James Gentry, led AFC Kempston Town 2-0 at half-time before being pulled back to a 2-2 draw.
For Division One Campton Res it was much the same story, twice leading at Elstow Abbey with goals from Kieron O'Toole and Steve Winch until having to settle for a share of the spoils in a 2-2 draw.
You may also want to watch:
But it was plain sailing for Meppershall Jurassic in Division Two who ran out 5-0 winners at Lidlington United Sports, Craig Damon doing the main damage with a hat-trick supported by goals from Pat King and Dave Readman.
Clifton were not on their game, losing 4-0 at Marabese Ceramics.
- 1 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 2 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 6 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 7 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 8 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 9 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 10 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
In Division Three, Three Tuns Galacticos lost for the first time, beaten 4-1 at league leaders Marsh Leys after Dean Smith had given them a early lead.
In the same division, two goals from Lewis Osborne plus single strikes from Sam Larsen, Jordan Robbens and Matt Evans took Meppershall AFC to a 5-2 home win over Westoning Recreation Club Res.