The Bedfordshire Football League round-up
Campton s lead at the top of the Beds Football League Premier Division, supported by Sportsform, is now just three points. A Gary Gibson goal was not enough to save them going down to their first defeat of the season, 3-1 at home at the hands of Caldecote
Campton's lead at the top of the Beds Football League Premier Division, supported by Sportsform, is now just three points.
A Gary Gibson goal was not enough to save them going down to their first defeat of the season, 3-1 at home at the hands of Caldecote.
Henlow, with goals from James Tizard and James Gentry, led AFC Kempston Town 2-0 at half-time before being pulled back to a 2-2 draw.
For Division One Campton Res it was much the same story, twice leading at Elstow Abbey with goals from Kieron O'Toole and Steve Winch until having to settle for a share of the spoils in a 2-2 draw.
But it was plain sailing for Meppershall Jurassic in Division Two who ran out 5-0 winners at Lidlington United Sports, Craig Damon doing the main damage with a hat-trick supported by goals from Pat King and Dave Readman.
Clifton were not on their game, losing 4-0 at Marabese Ceramics.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 5 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 6 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 7 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 8 Robbie O'Keefe leaves Stevenage after 11 years
- 9 Grant Shapps MP: 'We are revolutionising rail travel'
- 10 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
In Division Three, Three Tuns Galacticos lost for the first time, beaten 4-1 at league leaders Marsh Leys after Dean Smith had given them a early lead.
In the same division, two goals from Lewis Osborne plus single strikes from Sam Larsen, Jordan Robbens and Matt Evans took Meppershall AFC to a 5-2 home win over Westoning Recreation Club Res.