The Bedfordshire Football League round-up
Campton s lead at the top of the Beds Football League Premier Division, supported by Sportsform, is now just three points. A Gary Gibson goal was not enough to save them going down to their first defeat of the season, 3-1 at home at the hands of Caldecote
Campton's lead at the top of the Beds Football League Premier Division, supported by Sportsform, is now just three points.
A Gary Gibson goal was not enough to save them going down to their first defeat of the season, 3-1 at home at the hands of Caldecote.
Henlow, with goals from James Tizard and James Gentry, led AFC Kempston Town 2-0 at half-time before being pulled back to a 2-2 draw.
For Division One Campton Res it was much the same story, twice leading at Elstow Abbey with goals from Kieron O'Toole and Steve Winch until having to settle for a share of the spoils in a 2-2 draw.
You may also want to watch:
But it was plain sailing for Meppershall Jurassic in Division Two who ran out 5-0 winners at Lidlington United Sports, Craig Damon doing the main damage with a hat-trick supported by goals from Pat King and Dave Readman.
Clifton were not on their game, losing 4-0 at Marabese Ceramics.
- 1 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 8 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
In Division Three, Three Tuns Galacticos lost for the first time, beaten 4-1 at league leaders Marsh Leys after Dean Smith had given them a early lead.
In the same division, two goals from Lewis Osborne plus single strikes from Sam Larsen, Jordan Robbens and Matt Evans took Meppershall AFC to a 5-2 home win over Westoning Recreation Club Res.