Baldock Town gave themselves a timely boost ahead of the Benevolent Shield final by beating Premier Division champions elect and previously unbeaten St Ippolyts. The Reds came from a goal down at the break to win 3-1 thanks to efforts from James Smith, Ad
Baldock Town gave themselves a timely boost ahead of the Benevolent Shield final by beating Premier Division champions elect and previously unbeaten St Ippolyts.
The Reds came from a goal down at the break to win 3-1 thanks to efforts from James Smith, Adam Shelley and the impressive Cameron Brawley.
Saints grabbed the lead in the 38th minute through Glenn Stuart after Baldock failed to clear on several occasions.
Town started the second half well and grabbed a deserved equaliser in the 52nd minute from Smith.
Smith turned provider five minutes later for Shelley to head home the second. Brawley added some gloss to the scoreline when he headed in with a couple of minutes to go.
Baldock and St Ippolyts will contest the Benevolent Shield final a week tonight (Thursday, April 26) at Welwyn Garden City FC (7.30pm ko). Admission is £3 adults and £1 for children/OAPs with a programme also available.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 4 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 5 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 6 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 7 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 8 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 9 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 10 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
Woolmer Green were beaten 5-0 by Clannad Celtic.
In Division One North, Fairlands beat Baldock Town Res 4-0 with Paul Hicks, Michael Beaton and Kenny Liggett among the goals.
Bedwell Rangers Res beat Benington 11-1, Simon Longman hitting four, Steve Till and Ben Woolmer getting two apiece plus Steve Stapleton, Scott Pateman and James Cox all scoring one each.
Woolmer Green Res beat AFC Santos 4-0 thanks to James Campany hitting a hat-trick and Dave Byatt scoring.
Wilbury Wanderers drew 1-1 with Codicote.
Saturday, April 14
Premier Division: St Ippolyts 1 Baldock Town 3, Woolmer Green 0 Clannad Celtic 5.
Division One North: AFC Santos 0 Woolmer Green Res 4, Baldock Town Res 0 Fairlands 4, Bedwell Rangers Res 11 Benington 1, Wilbury Wanderers 1 Codicote 1.
Saturday, April 21
Greg Cup, semi-final: Codicote v St Ippolyts.
Division One North Cup, semi-final: Woolmer Green Res v AFC Santos.
Premier Division: Baldock Town v Colney Heath A, Clannad Celtic v London Colney A, Redbourn v Woolmer Green.
Division One North: Fairlands v City Hearts.