Baldock Town gave themselves a timely boost ahead of the Benevolent Shield final by beating Premier Division champions elect and previously unbeaten St Ippolyts. The Reds came from a goal down at the break to win 3-1 thanks to efforts from James Smith, Ad
Baldock Town gave themselves a timely boost ahead of the Benevolent Shield final by beating Premier Division champions elect and previously unbeaten St Ippolyts.
The Reds came from a goal down at the break to win 3-1 thanks to efforts from James Smith, Adam Shelley and the impressive Cameron Brawley.
Saints grabbed the lead in the 38th minute through Glenn Stuart after Baldock failed to clear on several occasions.
Town started the second half well and grabbed a deserved equaliser in the 52nd minute from Smith.
Smith turned provider five minutes later for Shelley to head home the second. Brawley added some gloss to the scoreline when he headed in with a couple of minutes to go.
Baldock and St Ippolyts will contest the Benevolent Shield final a week tonight (Thursday, April 26) at Welwyn Garden City FC (7.30pm ko). Admission is £3 adults and £1 for children/OAPs with a programme also available.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
Woolmer Green were beaten 5-0 by Clannad Celtic.
In Division One North, Fairlands beat Baldock Town Res 4-0 with Paul Hicks, Michael Beaton and Kenny Liggett among the goals.
Bedwell Rangers Res beat Benington 11-1, Simon Longman hitting four, Steve Till and Ben Woolmer getting two apiece plus Steve Stapleton, Scott Pateman and James Cox all scoring one each.
Woolmer Green Res beat AFC Santos 4-0 thanks to James Campany hitting a hat-trick and Dave Byatt scoring.
Wilbury Wanderers drew 1-1 with Codicote.
Saturday, April 14
Premier Division: St Ippolyts 1 Baldock Town 3, Woolmer Green 0 Clannad Celtic 5.
Division One North: AFC Santos 0 Woolmer Green Res 4, Baldock Town Res 0 Fairlands 4, Bedwell Rangers Res 11 Benington 1, Wilbury Wanderers 1 Codicote 1.
Saturday, April 21
Greg Cup, semi-final: Codicote v St Ippolyts.
Division One North Cup, semi-final: Woolmer Green Res v AFC Santos.
Premier Division: Baldock Town v Colney Heath A, Clannad Celtic v London Colney A, Redbourn v Woolmer Green.
Division One North: Fairlands v City Hearts.