Baldock Town gave themselves a timely boost ahead of the Benevolent Shield final by beating Premier Division champions elect and previously unbeaten St Ippolyts. The Reds came from a goal down at the break to win 3-1 thanks to efforts from James Smith, Ad
Baldock Town gave themselves a timely boost ahead of the Benevolent Shield final by beating Premier Division champions elect and previously unbeaten St Ippolyts.
The Reds came from a goal down at the break to win 3-1 thanks to efforts from James Smith, Adam Shelley and the impressive Cameron Brawley.
Saints grabbed the lead in the 38th minute through Glenn Stuart after Baldock failed to clear on several occasions.
Town started the second half well and grabbed a deserved equaliser in the 52nd minute from Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Smith turned provider five minutes later for Shelley to head home the second. Brawley added some gloss to the scoreline when he headed in with a couple of minutes to go.
Baldock and St Ippolyts will contest the Benevolent Shield final a week tonight (Thursday, April 26) at Welwyn Garden City FC (7.30pm ko). Admission is £3 adults and £1 for children/OAPs with a programme also available.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
- 10 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
Woolmer Green were beaten 5-0 by Clannad Celtic.
In Division One North, Fairlands beat Baldock Town Res 4-0 with Paul Hicks, Michael Beaton and Kenny Liggett among the goals.
Bedwell Rangers Res beat Benington 11-1, Simon Longman hitting four, Steve Till and Ben Woolmer getting two apiece plus Steve Stapleton, Scott Pateman and James Cox all scoring one each.
Woolmer Green Res beat AFC Santos 4-0 thanks to James Campany hitting a hat-trick and Dave Byatt scoring.
Wilbury Wanderers drew 1-1 with Codicote.
Saturday, April 14
Premier Division: St Ippolyts 1 Baldock Town 3, Woolmer Green 0 Clannad Celtic 5.
Division One North: AFC Santos 0 Woolmer Green Res 4, Baldock Town Res 0 Fairlands 4, Bedwell Rangers Res 11 Benington 1, Wilbury Wanderers 1 Codicote 1.
Saturday, April 21
Greg Cup, semi-final: Codicote v St Ippolyts.
Division One North Cup, semi-final: Woolmer Green Res v AFC Santos.
Premier Division: Baldock Town v Colney Heath A, Clannad Celtic v London Colney A, Redbourn v Woolmer Green.
Division One North: Fairlands v City Hearts.