Super Saints walk over Magnum
There were sharply contrasting ties in the North and Mid Herts Football League s Greg Cup. St Ippolyts walked over Magnum to win 10-1, a hat-trick from Richard Green helping them on their way. Gary Wallace scored a consolation for Magnum. But Fairlands ne
There were sharply contrasting ties in the North and Mid Herts Football League's Greg Cup.
St Ippolyts walked over Magnum to win 10-1, a hat-trick from Richard Green helping them on their way. Gary Wallace scored a consolation for Magnum.
But Fairlands needed extra-time to beat City Hearts 5-3.
Goals from Danny Lingwood (two) and one each for Carl Lingwood, Michael Beaton and Lewis Littlechild won the tie.
Matt Franklin scored a brace and Gareth Brown one for City Hearts.
In the Premier Division, Woolmer Green beat London Colney A 3-1.
- 1 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 2 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 3 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 4 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 5 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 6 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Trial date set for Met police officer from Stevenage accused of rape
- 10 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
Danny Huggins, Adam Paine and Steve Bannister all scored one each.
Baldock Town beat Whitwell Village 3-1 as Mark Nunn's double and an own goal ensured all three points.
In Division One North, Baldock Town Res just managed to take all three points from AFC Santos.
Two goals from Nick Blenkin ensured they took the points, Nuno Canteiro scoring a consolation for AFC Santos.
The game between Kimpton Rovers Res and Woolmer Green Res was abandoned due to a serious injury to a Kimpton player.
Westwell ensured their first win of the season by beating Bedwell Rangers Res 2-1, Ben Warman scoring a consolation.
Saturday, February 17
Greg Cup: City Hearts 3 Fairlands 5 (aet), St Ippolyts 10 Magnum 1.
Premier Division: London Colney A 1 Woolmer Green 3, Whitwell Village 1 Baldock Town 3.
Division One North: Baldock Town Res 2 AFC Santos 1, Benington v Codicote (no result), Kimpton Rovers Res v Woolmer Green Res (abandoned due to serious injury), Westwell 2 Bedwell Rangers Res 1.
Saturday, February 24
Benevolent Shield, semi-final: St Ippolyts v Woolmer Green.
Benevolent Cup: Kimpton Rovers v RCD Harpenden.
Division One North Cup, round two: Baldock Town Res v Fairlands.
Premier Division: Baldock Town v Kings Sports Res, London Colney A v Magnum.
Division One North: Bedwell Rangers Res v Benington, Kimpton Rovers Res v AFC Santos, Westwell v Codicote, Wilbury Wanderers v Woolmer Green Res (at Woolmer Green).