Super Saints are fifth in national finals
St Ippolyts Primary School were fifth at the English Schools FA national under-11s small schools soccer sixes final. This is the second year running that the Year Five and Year Six pupils from the school have won their way to the national finals. They r
St Ippolyts Primary School were fifth at the English Schools' FA national under-11s small schools' soccer sixes final.
This is the second year running that the Year Five and Year Six pupils from the school have won their way to the national finals.
They represented both Hertfordshire and the South East Region at Keele University, Staffordshire, on one of the hottest days of the year so far.
Teacher and team coach Helen Smith was delighted with the result.
She said: "The boys really did put their hearts and souls into the tournament and came out with an excellent result.
"To finish the season as the fifth best small school in England is a big achievement and I'm sure the boys will remember our trip to Keele for many years to come!"
- 1 Police warning after distraction thefts in Stevenage and North Herts
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 4 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 5 Trial date set for Met police officer from Stevenage accused of rape
- 6 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 7 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Long lost family of WWII pilot finally found after newspaper appeal
* Stevenage Boro Reds under-10s reached their third final in consecutive weeks when they took part in their own tournament.
* Fairlands Youth under-sevens won the Doug Atkins Memorial Trophy by beating Bedwell Rangers in a penalty shoot-out.
Hero of the day was goalie Alex Salter for making some magnificent saves in the shoot-out.
The under-sevens were also recent finalists in their own tournament and shield winners at the Bury Rangers tournament.
* Stevenage Boro Juniors Girls beat an impressive Enfield Ladies team to win the Belmont Ladies under-14s six-a-side tournament.
Laura Owen equalised in normal time before the drama of penalties.
Keeper Sian Hall made three outstanding saves to seal victory.
They also won the St Albans six-a-side earlier in the month.