Super Saints are fifth in national finals
St Ippolyts Primary School were fifth at the English Schools FA national under-11s small schools soccer sixes final. This is the second year running that the Year Five and Year Six pupils from the school have won their way to the national finals. They r
St Ippolyts Primary School were fifth at the English Schools' FA national under-11s small schools' soccer sixes final.
This is the second year running that the Year Five and Year Six pupils from the school have won their way to the national finals.
They represented both Hertfordshire and the South East Region at Keele University, Staffordshire, on one of the hottest days of the year so far.
Teacher and team coach Helen Smith was delighted with the result.
She said: "The boys really did put their hearts and souls into the tournament and came out with an excellent result.
"To finish the season as the fifth best small school in England is a big achievement and I'm sure the boys will remember our trip to Keele for many years to come!"
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 4 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 7 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
- 8 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 9 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 10 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
* Stevenage Boro Reds under-10s reached their third final in consecutive weeks when they took part in their own tournament.
* Fairlands Youth under-sevens won the Doug Atkins Memorial Trophy by beating Bedwell Rangers in a penalty shoot-out.
Hero of the day was goalie Alex Salter for making some magnificent saves in the shoot-out.
The under-sevens were also recent finalists in their own tournament and shield winners at the Bury Rangers tournament.
* Stevenage Boro Juniors Girls beat an impressive Enfield Ladies team to win the Belmont Ladies under-14s six-a-side tournament.
Laura Owen equalised in normal time before the drama of penalties.
Keeper Sian Hall made three outstanding saves to seal victory.
They also won the St Albans six-a-side earlier in the month.