Successful karate students
Stevenage Karate Club had a busy December with grading under the tuition of Sensei Ohta, chief instructor of Japanese Karate Association England, sixth Dan. All students taking part in the grading passed. And three club members passed their black belt fir
Stevenage Karate Club had a busy December with grading under the tuition of Sensei Ohta, chief instructor of Japanese Karate Association England, sixth Dan.
All students taking part in the grading passed.
And three club members passed their black belt first Dan grading held at Walton-on-Thames.
The grading was overseen by the chief instructor for Europe, Sensei Ochi eighth Dan, and Sensei Ohta sixth Dan.
Sensei Tom Peebles, Stevenage Karate Club's chief instructor, is shown congratulating the new black belts - left to right: Trinity Martin, Joe Oliver, sensei Tom Peebles and Kelly Oliver.
Fifteen-year-old Joe Martin first Dan has been invited to train with the national karate squad of JKAE.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
Stevenage also have a special offer for beginners - 10 lessons for £15 with a free karate kit for junior members on completion.
Mondays: juniors 6.30-7.30pm, adults 7.30-9pm at Nobel School.
Thursdays: juniors 7-8pm, adults 7-9pm at Poplars Community Centre near Sainsbury's.
Sundays: adults and juniors 10.45am to midday at LA Fitness, Stevenage town centre.
For further information, call Tom Peebles on 07710 944159.