Stotold suffer nap hand
It was another bad day at the office for Stotfold as they were beaten 5-0 at Wootton. This was despite creating as many good chances as goals they conceded. The first fell to Adam Furness on four minutes who lifted the ball over the keeper and the bar. Wo
It was another bad day at the office for Stotfold as they were beaten 5-0 at Wootton.
This was despite creating as many good chances as goals they conceded.
The first fell to Adam Furness on four minutes who lifted the ball over the keeper and the bar.
Wootton took the lead in the eighth minute when Leon Cashman nicked the ball off the last defender.
After taking the ball wide, he crossed to Darek Jozwiak whose shot came back off the upright and fell for Cashman to volley in.
Craig Daniel got the first of his hat-trick on 28 minutes with a low shot to the far post from the right.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 7 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
Defender Tom Hole fired in the third on the half hour and Daniel got his second seven minutes later.
The fifth Wootton goal came in the first minute of the second half when Daniel was given time to turn and shoot low to keeper Tony Harvey's - in for the unavailable Nigel Blower - right.
Furness then hit the underside of the bar and Stephen Purton and substitute Lee Downham both went close. But for the third game running, no Stotfold name was on the scoresheet.
Rokermen: Harvey, Alcide, Purton, Beckett (Philbin 63m), Drury, Geraghty, Nichol, Mitchell, Furness (Downham 74m), Thorne, Delacy (Holmes 81m).
Robert Groves scored a late consolation as Langford went down 3-1 in a local derby at home to Biggleswade Town.
Arlesey Athletic were 5-1 winners at Cranfield United as Mark Phillips (two), Matt Gipson, Danny Lane and Danny Emery scored their goals.
* Langford crashed 4-0 at home to Royston on Tuesday night.