Stotfold dig deep against Rangers
Saturday football Stotfold deservedly shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw at home to Deeping Rangers. Jason Blackett went close to giving Jim Benton s men the lead after 18 minutes when he forced a good save from keeper Dan Bircham. Blackett also threatened t
Stotfold deservedly shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw at home to Deeping Rangers.
Jason Blackett went close to giving Jim Benton's men the lead after 18 minutes when he forced a good save from keeper Dan Bircham.
Blackett also threatened to break the deadlock seven minutes before the break when he was wide following a good turn and strike from outside the box.
Deeping nearly went ahead three minutes into the new half when Ross Nicholls shot against the post.
But he was not to be denied on the hour mark as his left-footed shot curled into the corner.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 8 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 9 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
Stotfold restored parity within four minutes as Blackett, with his back to goal, turned and hit a fantastic powerful shot into the corner.
Deeping nearly regained the lead when they hit the woodwork for the second time in the afternoon.
Jermaine Daley missed chesting clear to let in Bobby Lewsam, whose shot came back off the bar.
Rokermen: N Blower, Daley, Chapman, Frater, McElroy, Beckett, Benton, Potter (Clark 85), Blackett, Bascombe, Cashman (Brown 88).
Langford also shared the points in a relegation battle at Ruislip Manor.
Jim Bywater's first senior goal after just five minutes was cancelled out by Ryan Upton's strike on 31 minutes.
Arlesey Athletic were beaten 1-0 at Bedford United and Valerio, Barrington Belgrave scoring the only goal after 53 minutes.