Stotfold are seven points clear
Northampton Spencer 1 Stotfold 2 Stotfold remained on course for a first UCL Premier Division title after this win at Kingsthorpe Mill gave them a seven-point advantage at the top. A 25th minute Lee Allinson goal had given the Eagles the lead at the break
Northampton Spencer 1 Stotfold 2
Stotfold remained on course for a first UCL Premier Division title after this win at Kingsthorpe Mill gave them a seven-point advantage at the top.
A 25th minute Lee Allinson goal had given the Eagles the lead at the break.
But they were pegged back three minutes before the hour mark by a Matt Collins equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Joel Mason scored Stotfold's winner with 18 minutes left to play.
Stotfold chairman Phil Pateman said: "We're bombing along at the moment. But there's a long way to go and we've still got two or three tricky games coming up."
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
And Pateman added: "We never really looked like losing on Saturday but then Spencer could have nicked an equaliser in the last minute."
Rokermen: Gillham, Hull, P Donnelly, Shambrook, Juneja, Lee, C Donnelly, Case, Mason (Fehmi), Allinson, Garrett (Douglas).
* It was a great day for the club as the reserves reached the final of the Beds Intermediate Cup.
They needed extra time to overcome the resistance of Crawley Green Res.