Stotfold are seven points clear
Northampton Spencer 1 Stotfold 2 Stotfold remained on course for a first UCL Premier Division title after this win at Kingsthorpe Mill gave them a seven-point advantage at the top. A 25th minute Lee Allinson goal had given the Eagles the lead at the break
Northampton Spencer 1 Stotfold 2
Stotfold remained on course for a first UCL Premier Division title after this win at Kingsthorpe Mill gave them a seven-point advantage at the top.
A 25th minute Lee Allinson goal had given the Eagles the lead at the break.
But they were pegged back three minutes before the hour mark by a Matt Collins equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Joel Mason scored Stotfold's winner with 18 minutes left to play.
Stotfold chairman Phil Pateman said: "We're bombing along at the moment. But there's a long way to go and we've still got two or three tricky games coming up."
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
And Pateman added: "We never really looked like losing on Saturday but then Spencer could have nicked an equaliser in the last minute."
Rokermen: Gillham, Hull, P Donnelly, Shambrook, Juneja, Lee, C Donnelly, Case, Mason (Fehmi), Allinson, Garrett (Douglas).
* It was a great day for the club as the reserves reached the final of the Beds Intermediate Cup.
They needed extra time to overcome the resistance of Crawley Green Res.