Stotfold are seven points clear
Northampton Spencer 1 Stotfold 2 Stotfold remained on course for a first UCL Premier Division title after this win at Kingsthorpe Mill gave them a seven-point advantage at the top. A 25th minute Lee Allinson goal had given the Eagles the lead at the break
Northampton Spencer 1 Stotfold 2
Stotfold remained on course for a first UCL Premier Division title after this win at Kingsthorpe Mill gave them a seven-point advantage at the top.
A 25th minute Lee Allinson goal had given the Eagles the lead at the break.
But they were pegged back three minutes before the hour mark by a Matt Collins equaliser.
Joel Mason scored Stotfold's winner with 18 minutes left to play.
Stotfold chairman Phil Pateman said: "We're bombing along at the moment. But there's a long way to go and we've still got two or three tricky games coming up."
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
And Pateman added: "We never really looked like losing on Saturday but then Spencer could have nicked an equaliser in the last minute."
Rokermen: Gillham, Hull, P Donnelly, Shambrook, Juneja, Lee, C Donnelly, Case, Mason (Fehmi), Allinson, Garrett (Douglas).
* It was a great day for the club as the reserves reached the final of the Beds Intermediate Cup.
They needed extra time to overcome the resistance of Crawley Green Res.