Stevenage sign former Swindon Town striker Jacob Bancroft from Oxford City
- Credit: GAVIN ELLIS/TGS PHOTO
Stevenage have made their fourth signing of the January transfer window with the capture of striker Jacob Bancroft from Oxford City.
The 19-year-old signed for the National League South side in the summer and capped off his brief Hoops career, most of which saw him utilised off the bench, with three goals in two games.
He scored a double as Oxford came from behind to beat Haringey Borough in the FA Trophy and then scored the fifth as they again responded to going behind in a 5-3 win at Hemel Hempstead Town on Tuesday night.
Prior to signing for City he was with Swindon Town who he had originally joined at the age of 14.
Speaking on the club website Boro boss Alex Revell said: "Jacob is a young and exciting prospect. He has shown in the National League South that he has talent.
"As a football club we need to develop that talent and help him further his career as a professional footballer.
"We are excited to work with him and see where the journey takes us.”
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 7 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards
Luis Fernandez meanwhile is going in the other direction, re-joining City on loan until the end of the season.
Boro have already signed Chris Lines, Luke Norris and Matty Stevens this month while Inih Effiong (Notts County), Femi Akinwande (Dartford) and Marcus Dinanga (Chesterfield) have all left the club on loan.