Stevenage’s Ben Wilmot has a ‘bright future ahead of him’ according to centre-back partner Jack King
- Credit: Archant
Jack King was full of praise for 18-year-old Ben Wilmot following his third consecutive first-team start in the 3-0 FA Cup defeat to Reading.
The Boro academy graduate has impressed at the back alongside King, who believes Wilmot has done well since coming into the team and that he has a bright future in football.
King told CometSport: “It’s been good.
“We conceded a few goals and kept a clean sheet in the first game against Reading.
“He’s done okay. It’s a very tough position to play and to blood yourself in.
You may also want to watch:
“When you play at centre-back generally, if you make a mistake it’s a goal.
“If you come into the team higher up the pitch and you are making mistakes it’s not going to cost you a goal.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Stevenage unveil Amazon's Prime Gaming as new sponsors on new kit
- 4 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 5 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
“He’s been thrown in at the deep end, he’s doing well, he’s a good player and I’m sure he has a bright future ahead of him.”