Stevenage felled by Sevenoaks
Stevenage Ladies were beaten 5-1 at home by high-flying Sevenoaks. They started the brighter of the two sides, making the Sevenoaks defence work hard, and winning a succession of short corners. From one of these they took a deserved lead, Heather Hemmings
Stevenage Ladies were beaten 5-1 at home by high-flying Sevenoaks.
They started the brighter of the two sides, making the Sevenoaks defence work hard, and winning a succession of short corners.
From one of these they took a deserved lead, Heather Hemmings scoring a fine debut goal after Carly Seaton's strike.
This stung Sevenoaks into action and they responded by scoring two quick goals, both from excellent short corner routines, leaving goalkeeper Lisa Pickard with no chance.
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage refused to let their heads drop and the rest of the half was even.
The new half started much the same but gradually Sevenoaks took control as Stevenage started to tire. It was from another short corner that the away team scored their third.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
Sevenoaks started to dominate and it took some great goal-line clearances from Jo Biggs and player of the match Becky Fenwick to keep the scoreline respectable.
But they could not stop Sevenoaks from scoring two more - a close range finish making it four before a fine finish late on made it five.
Other scores: Stev II 0 Cheshunt I 2, Stev III 0 Royston II 5; Stev IV 0 Berkhamsted and Hemel III 2; Stev V 0 Welwyn GC V 5.
Letchworth Ladies had their match cancelled due to a frozen pitch.
But the fourths had their first league win of the season as they beat Chess Valley 2-0.