Wycombe end Stevenage's positive start to pre-season but boss happy with progress
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Stevenage fell to their first defeat of pre-season with a 1-0 loss against Wycombe Wanderers but that followed another important outing according to manager Alex Revell - this one resulting in a win at St Albans City by the same score.
Scott Kashket got the Wycombe goal at their training ground but it was Harry Draper who sent Saints to defeat.
Revell said: "We were dominant in the first half [against St Albans]. We asked them to move the ball quicker than we did [against Hitchin] and we asked them to learn from what we have been doing on the training field.
"We did that and were only really lacking in the final third.
"Second half we struggled to get an intensity into the game because there was too many fouls but they increased their intensity.
"We scored a goal but it was another 45 minutes into the legs to make sure we are getting stronger.
"But we had younger players in there and I thought Mackye Townsend-West was outstanding, which is a real positive.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
- 10 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map
"That’s what these games can create which is fantastic for us."