Wycombe end Stevenage's positive start to pre-season but boss happy with progress
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Stevenage fell to their first defeat of pre-season with a 1-0 loss against Wycombe Wanderers but that followed another important outing according to manager Alex Revell - this one resulting in a win at St Albans City by the same score.
Scott Kashket got the Wycombe goal at their training ground but it was Harry Draper who sent Saints to defeat.
Revell said: "We were dominant in the first half [against St Albans]. We asked them to move the ball quicker than we did [against Hitchin] and we asked them to learn from what we have been doing on the training field.
"We did that and were only really lacking in the final third.
"Second half we struggled to get an intensity into the game because there was too many fouls but they increased their intensity.
"We scored a goal but it was another 45 minutes into the legs to make sure we are getting stronger.
"But we had younger players in there and I thought Mackye Townsend-West was outstanding, which is a real positive.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 8 End of an era? Future of Crucial Crew scheme relies on new co-ordinators
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
"That’s what these games can create which is fantastic for us."