Stevenage boost ranks with triple signing
- Credit: MARTIN RICKETT/PA
Stevenage manager Alex Revell had promised signings in the January transfer window and has proved a man of his word - with three new faces joining the League Two club.
Matty Stevens comes in from Forest Green Rovers, Chris Lines was with Northampton Town and Luke Norris arrives from Colchester United.
Lines, 35, is a passing midfielder who made over 300 appearances with Bristol Rovers while 27-year-old Norris was born in the town and started his career at Hitchin Town.
Those deals are both permanent until the end of the season while striker Stevens joins on loan.
Chairman Phil Wallace said: "We are pleased with these first three additions early in the window and they allow us to settle down and be patient over the next one or two incomings.
"The management know where they want to strengthen but sometimes you have to wait for the right opportunity.
"At the moment things are definitely going in the right direction. We are starting to see the benefits of the hard work and planning coming through in the results lately."
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 5 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 6 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 7 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker