Stevenage boost ranks with triple signing
- Credit: MARTIN RICKETT/PA
Stevenage manager Alex Revell had promised signings in the January transfer window and has proved a man of his word - with three new faces joining the League Two club.
Matty Stevens comes in from Forest Green Rovers, Chris Lines was with Northampton Town and Luke Norris arrives from Colchester United.
Lines, 35, is a passing midfielder who made over 300 appearances with Bristol Rovers while 27-year-old Norris was born in the town and started his career at Hitchin Town.
Those deals are both permanent until the end of the season while striker Stevens joins on loan.
Chairman Phil Wallace said: "We are pleased with these first three additions early in the window and they allow us to settle down and be patient over the next one or two incomings.
"The management know where they want to strengthen but sometimes you have to wait for the right opportunity.
"At the moment things are definitely going in the right direction. We are starting to see the benefits of the hard work and planning coming through in the results lately."
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 6 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 10 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win