Danny Newton exits Stevenage after retained and released list is announced
- Credit: GAVIN ELLIS/TGS PHOTO
Danny Newton heads the list of players being released by Stevenage ahead of the new season.
The fan favourite is one of nine players not to have their deal renewed and is by far and away the biggest name.
Joe Martin's brief return has also been curtailed while the likes of Inih Effiong and Femi Akinwande, signed during the summer last year, and youngsters Arthur Iontton and sub goalkeeper Billy Johnson have also been let go by the League Two club.
On top of that players such as Arthur Read, Jack Aitchison, Matty Stevens and Chelsea goalkeeper Jamie Cumming, brought to the Lamex on loan, have all returned to their parent club.
Boro had already announced that player of the year Elliott List and Luke Norris were staying while young player of the year, Jack Smith, and Scott Cuthbert, Elliot Osborne, Luke Prosser and star defender Terence Vancooten would remain for another campaign.
Young pros Harry Draper, Luis Fernandez, Mackye Townsend-West, Sam Dreyer, Timmy Smith and Alfie Williams are also staying.
The club remain in talks with Tom Pett, Luther James-Wildin, Ben Coker, Chris Lines and Charlie Carter.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
Senior players retained:
Junior Pros Retained:
First year pros:
Returning to their clubs:
Offered terms and still in discussion: