Danny Newton exits Stevenage after retained and released list is announced
- Credit: GAVIN ELLIS/TGS PHOTO
Danny Newton heads the list of players being released by Stevenage ahead of the new season.
The fan favourite is one of nine players not to have their deal renewed and is by far and away the biggest name.
Joe Martin's brief return has also been curtailed while the likes of Inih Effiong and Femi Akinwande, signed during the summer last year, and youngsters Arthur Iontton and sub goalkeeper Billy Johnson have also been let go by the League Two club.
On top of that players such as Arthur Read, Jack Aitchison, Matty Stevens and Chelsea goalkeeper Jamie Cumming, brought to the Lamex on loan, have all returned to their parent club.
Boro had already announced that player of the year Elliott List and Luke Norris were staying while young player of the year, Jack Smith, and Scott Cuthbert, Elliot Osborne, Luke Prosser and star defender Terence Vancooten would remain for another campaign.
Young pros Harry Draper, Luis Fernandez, Mackye Townsend-West, Sam Dreyer, Timmy Smith and Alfie Williams are also staying.
The club remain in talks with Tom Pett, Luther James-Wildin, Ben Coker, Chris Lines and Charlie Carter.
- 1 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 2 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 5 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 6 Letchworth hub will get to the 'heart of community'
- 7 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 8 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 9 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 10 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
Senior players retained:
Junior Pros Retained:
First year pros:
Returning to their clubs:
Offered terms and still in discussion: