Stevenage boss Dino Maamria reflects after defeat by Bury: I thought we dominated
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Dino Maamria insisted his Stevenage side didn’t get what they deserved after losing 1-0 to Bury through a goal by Nicky Maynard in the fifth minute of injury time at the Lamex on Saturday, writes Layth Yousif.
Maynard nodded past Paul Farman to grab the points after Scott Wharton’s excellent through ball fed the 32-year-old former Crewe forward after flick-ons from Dom Telford and Adam Thompson.
The result was harsh on Boro who had dominated the match with Maamria saying afterwards: ““Everybody is telling me we were very unlucky and that we did not deserve to lose that.
“When you do not take the chances, you are always in the hand of one mistake and it costs you the game.
“I thought we dominated most of the game, we were the better team. It was a scrappy game with the wind.
“We pressed them, we got physical with them, we dominated certain areas of the pitch.
“We got on the front foot with intention from the start. I think everybody who came saw a team who was on the front foot and trying to win the game.”
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 4 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 5 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 10 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf