Stevenage boss Dino Maamria after beating Grimsby 2-0: ‘We were brilliant from start to finish’
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Delighted Stevenage boss Dino Maamria praised his team after they beat Grimsby Town 2-0 at Blundell Park in their League Two clash on Saturday.
A Kurtis Guthrie brace sealed the points for Maamria’s Boro after another excellent performance from QPR loanee Ilias Chair in front of 3,689 fans including 112 from North Herts.
The result gave Maamria’s Boro a boost after they travelled to Cleethorpes looking to bounce back after their disappointing 3-0 defeat to Notts County last week.
A delighted Maamria hailed his side saying: “I’m not thinking about the play-offs. The most important thing was the three points and a clean sheet. We’ve been fairly decent away from home. Today was good.
“We knew had to do better on the ball after recent results and we were brilliant from start to finish.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a great team goal. It started from the edge of our box and Kurtis finished well. Chair put some fantastic crosses in, Joe Martin did too as did Luther James-Wildin.
“Paul Farman. We started the first 15 minutes really well. Goals change games and when we needed Farman to step up he did. That could have been the difference had they scored. Grimsby have been decent at home and if they had scored first it could have been a different game.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
“A lot of players played well today. Scott Cuthbert was fantastic. Luther was back to his best again. Joe gave us quality and composure on the ball. Moses had one of his better games. Kurtis was back to his best.”