Stevenage boss Darren Sarll on Exeter City and the exceptional Boro youth team
- Credit: Â© 2017 Danny Loo, All Rights
Stevenage boss Darren Sarll has been talking ahead of his team’s trip to Exeter City on Saturday while also finding the time to praise his talented U18’s side.
Darren Sarll on his team
It has been six games now since we have conceded a goal from open play. We have built a good foundation now where we can kick on.
There are signs that our players are beginning to show an improvement in form.
On the youth team’s 5-1 victory at Fleetwood Town in the FA Youth Cup third round on Monday
You may also want to watch:
We are very proud of the youth team. We went up there to watch & they were fantastic. They played with great integrity & quality.
Ben [Wilmott] and Andron [Georgiou] practically live up here with the first team and they are both doing really well. Both still need to improve though in order to get into the first team on a regular basis.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 8 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 9 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 10 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals
They need to remain patient & will get their opportunities, it’s then about taking it
On preparing for Exeter
Preperations havent been hampered. We went out on Tuesday in the snow and trained for a couple of hours.
I went down to Exeter on Tuesday and watched them in their cup win. There is nothing like watching in person.
Meanwhile Grecians boss has been talking about Saturday’s game too. He said:
Any side is capable of winning a game in this league, I’d imagine they [Stevenage] fancy their chances as much as we do.