Stevenage athletes help Herts to third place in Manchester
- Credit: Archant
A trip to Manchester was the reward for the Hertfordshire boys who came second in the regional Sports Hall final at Hatfield.
Travelling to Sports City was a team of 12 athletes, including members of Stevenage and North Herts Athletics Club, and they finished third behind Donegal and Berkshire.
Each athlete competed in three events and Jean Nwahba was eighth with Freddie Reilly 14th, Dylan Baines 23rd, Henry Bennet 32nd, Joshua Horleston 33rd and Semba Bwalya 35th.
All six had top 10 finishes in one or more of their events. Jean was fifth in the standing long jump and ninth in the shot put while Freddie was fifth in the shot put and tied sixth in the four-lap race.
Dylan Baines was tied sixth in the four-lap race while Henry was sixth in the shot put, Joshua fourth in the two-lap race and Semba 10th in the two-lap race.
You may also want to watch:
The team was fourth in the eight-lap paarlauf and second in the 4x2 lap relay.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 4 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 7 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 8 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 10 Historic school to close at end of academic year