Stars in the making?
There were 36 young athletes at the first Star Track programme run by Stevenage and North Herts AC at the Ridlins Stadium. Six club members – Lizzie Hutchinson, Becky Newstead, Wendy Meadows-Smith, Glen Begley, Marcus McKechnie and Laurie Pirie (teenagers
There were 36 young athletes at the first Star Track programme run by Stevenage and North Herts AC at the Ridlins Stadium.
Six club members - Lizzie Hutchinson, Becky Newstead, Wendy Meadows-Smith, Glen Begley, Marcus McKechnie and Laurie Pirie (teenagers who are all UK Athletics level one coaches) - were joined by coaches Len Allbrighton, Jeannette Pybus (as well as her daughter Kayleigh) and Margaret Powell.
The coaches delivered a programme covering most of the track and field disciplines, plus a little bit of cross-country.
The youngsters all had measured runs, jumps and throws during the three days and once the results are collated will find out which grade they have reached.
Club spokesman Margaret Powell said: "The programme is called Fun in Athletics - the club hopes this came true!
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe