St James’ Park visit is on
BORO still have 10 league fixtures remaining after Tuesday night s trip to play-off rivals Exeter City was postponed. The game at St James Park, off this week due to a waterlogged pitch, will now take place on Tuesday night. Boro boss Graham Westley look
BORO still have 10 league fixtures remaining after Tuesday night's trip to play-off rivals Exeter City was postponed.
The game at St James' Park, off this week due to a waterlogged pitch, will now take place on Tuesday night.
Boro boss Graham Westley looks to have the rarity of nearly a full squad to choose from for Saturday's visit of this season's FA Cup heroes Burton Albion.
All eight players who have been struggling with short or longer term injuries - skipper Jason Goodliffe, Simon Weatherstone, Luke Oliver, Darryn Stamp, Jon Nurse, Danny Williams, Mickey Warner and Shane Gore - are reported to be making progress.
Westley said: "With a little bit of luck, the squad could be almost fully fit as we approach the final 10 games.
"By the weekend, we could have every single player back on the training ground.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 4 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 5 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 6 Stevenage fun day in aid of TRACKS Autism
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
"After a season where we have been hampered by suspension or injury, it will be great to be able to select from a full strength squad.
"We can put out a very good 16 from a fully fit squad."
The Boro reserves were due to face Colchester yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon but the game was called off just 15 minutes prior to kick-off.