Sport for All at local club
Wimbledon fortnight is on and Letchworth Tennis Club is getting ready for a special open day next month. The free Everyday Sport for All day is on Saturday, July 15. Anyone of any age and sporting ability can go along and try out a whole range of activiti
Wimbledon fortnight is on and Letchworth Tennis Club is getting ready for a special open day next month.
The free Everyday Sport for All day is on Saturday, July 15.
Anyone of any age and sporting ability can go along and try out a whole range of activities at the club.
This includes tennis, mini tennis, fitness classes, fun games and even a gym workout.
Go down to the club any time between 10am and 2pm and have a go! For more details, please call Abbie or Adam on 01462 675444.
The Wimbledon ladies and men's finals are being shown at the club over the weekend of July 8 and 9.
- 1 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 5 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 9 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
The finals will be televised live on the big screen in the bar. Pimm's, plus strawberries and cream, will be available all afternoon - so get your seat early!
The mini tennis courses at the club continue to fill up, with 180 children now on the programme.
Multi-activity summer camps are available at the end of July and throughout August, with details at reception.
The final cluster matchplay of the term will be orange this Saturday.
Youngsters can enter the club closed tournament at mini orange or green level. Entry forms are available at reception.
Letchworth Lobbers Orange Team had a fun day out at Queenswood recently, competing in the finals of the Herts Summer League.
Robert Lankester, Joe Riant, Imogen Magner and Danielle Latter had their work cut out in the semi-final against a strong team from Berkhamsted.
But they improved game by game and beat Harpenden in the play-offs for third and fourth place to finish third in the county.
The mini tennis teams at Letchworth won all their matches last weekend.
In the first boys' Red match of the Herts Summer League, Letchworth beat local rivals Lister 97 points to 78.
The next day, in the Beds League, practically the same team beat Sharnbrook over at Luton and, at the same time, the Green team were beat Linslade convincingly in the same competition. The Orange team in the Beds League completed the hat-trick by beating Luton Vauxhall.