Sponsors wanted for boxing club
FRIDAY night is fight night at the new boxing club in Hitchin. The North Herts ABC is holding an open night tomorrow (Friday). Its aim is to encourage local companies to sponsor a boxer or the club. Coach Wayne Armstrong said: The rewards that I receive
FRIDAY night is fight night at the new boxing club in Hitchin.
The North Herts ABC is holding an open night tomorrow (Friday).
Its aim is to encourage local companies to sponsor a boxer or the club.
Coach Wayne Armstrong said: "The rewards that I receive from taking kids from off the street, giving them purpose and direction, is incredible.
"Many of them were hanging around the streets; the change in their lives is heartwarming."
The gym is located at Station Approach and has a good reputation with the police and local community.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 3 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 4 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 5 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 6 Assault victim left with punctured lung after Hitchin 'scuffle'
- 7 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 8 Hitchin widower's wing walk in wife's memory
- 9 Stevenage fundraising day in memory of much-loved Peter
- 10 Dog owner's grass seed warning after pet paralysed
Armstrong also paid tribute to all the volunteer trainers at North Herts ABC, Robbie Scott, Jim Cragg and the club secretary Andy Sharp.
"It would be a truly difficult task without the help and support of these chaps that give up many hours a week to help run North Herts ABC," said Armstrong.
"We desperately need the support of local companies to keep the gym supplied with a full range of boxing equipment, travelling costs to and from boxing events, tracksuits and boxing kits."
If you are interested, please call Wayne on 07919 186529 or 01462 457296. Refreshments will be available on the night.