Splashing time for Sharks at Aylesbury
Letchworth Sharks narrowly lost to Witney and home club Aylesbury at Saturday s meet. Arthur Thomson was swimmer of the gala for a fine debut in the individual medley, winning in a new personal best time in what was a night of outstanding swims. An amazin
Letchworth Sharks narrowly lost to Witney and home club Aylesbury at Saturday's meet.
Arthur Thomson was swimmer of the gala for a fine debut in the individual medley, winning in a new personal best time in what was a night of outstanding swims.
An amazing 21 club records were shattered, 30 new personal bests set and 19 wins recorded.
For the freestyle event, Imogen DeTrafford, Nick Ledwold and Tom Plater won with new best times and club records, Georgina Quayle also won and set a new club standard, with Eloise Skinner and James Willoughby lowering their personal times. Backstroke saw Erin Tomlin, Alex Hawkins, Ashleigh Godfrey and Ben Taylor all set new club records, win and get personal best times as well, Erin knocking 24 seconds off her time. Ricky Cortis swam a new best time.
You may also want to watch:
In breaststroke, the pattern continued with Georgina Godfrey, Jacob Myner, Georgina Quayle and Ryan Murphy all winning in new times and club records.
Paul Foster set a new club record in his best time, with Leah Mealing and Holly Marshall attaining best times and Dominic Bush winning his race straight from a rugby match for Letchworth!
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 5 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
The butterfly races saw Rachel Brown set a new club record, win, and in a new personal best time.
Ashleigh Godfrey and Mike Hardy broke the club records with better times, Mike taking an incredible 31 seconds off his old time.
Mike Levet, Katie Sale and James Willoughby also got lower personal times.
As well as Arthur in the individual medley, Amber Brough won the open event in a new club record and personal time, while Erin Tomlin swam against girls two years older than herself and won in a new time. Rachel Murray and brothers Stuart and Ben Taylor all set new club records with new times and Tom Plater and Imogen DeTrafford got new times.
In the relays, Georgina Godfrey, Rachel Murray, Holly Marshall and Amber Brough won the freestyle event as did Dominic Bush, Mike Levet, Nick Ledwold and James Willoughby.
Head coach Alan Tomlin said: "It's been a terrific start to 2007 after a difficult 2006.
"Last week we won the first major league round and this week all the swimmers swam out of their skins.
"They have made me proud with their attitude and hard work.