Special Ks go up
Knebworth Football Club is back in the top flight of the Herts Senior County League. The Ks will finish third – and thus occupy the third promotion spot – in the Senior Division One by a slim but priceless one-point margin. This sees a return to the Premi
Knebworth Football Club is back in the top flight of the Herts Senior County League.
The Ks will finish third - and thus occupy the third promotion spot - in the Senior Division One by a slim but priceless one-point margin.
This sees a return to the Premier Division for the first time since 1994-5 when the club folded.
The Ks were reformed in 1999 and spent four seasons in the Hertford and District League before making the move back to Herts Senior County League football.
They got the result they needed on Saturday with Lemsford beating promotion hopefuls Bovingdon 2-1.
Bovingdon needed only a draw to confirm their return to the Premier Division at the first time of asking but were beaten to secure promotion for Knebworth.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 7 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
* Codicote have lifted the Herts Centenary Senior Trophy.
Goals from Liam Errington and Joel Mason secured a 2-0 win over Hoddesdon Town, who missed from the penalty spot, at the County Ground in Letchworth last Tuesday night.