Spartans’ Reilly lands new PB at Welwyn while Brown finishes second
- Credit: Archant
Fairlands Valley Spartans were in race action at several half marathons with 17 making the short journey to Welwyn.
Many achieved fine results including Ruth Reilly who ran a new personal best (PB) of one hour 49 minutes 30 seconds.
Jim Brown got his second age group runners-up place in a week with 1:50:21 to be second veteran (60 plus) while the fastest Spartan was Thomas Sauka who finished 91st overall out of the 612 finishers in 1:33:57.
Three Spartans headed to Reading for a fast half marathon with a stadium finish. James Kilroy ran a 1:50:27 finish, Kelly McHale clocked 1:57:10 and John Nelms, helping to pace Kelly, finished in 1:57:17.
At Hampton Court, Jenny Garrett and Nicola Tout ran 1:59:42.
You may also want to watch:
A blustery spring morning saw Spartans in action at various parkruns and the fastest performer was Craig Halsey who won at Ellenbrook Fields in 16:54.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 6 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 9 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Historic school to close at end of academic year