Local electrician Colin Parks Parker proved that a few months away from the race track has not affected the Hitchin racer s talent. Parker took part in the sun-drenched BMCRC Superstock 1000 race at Brands Hatch recently. The meeting was a joint round,
Local electrician Colin 'Parks' Parker proved that a few months away from the race track has not affected the Hitchin racer's talent.
Parker took part in the sun-drenched BMCRC Superstock 1000 race at Brands Hatch recently.
The meeting was a joint round, combining the British Motor Cycle Racing Club and British Superbikes, whose first round in April had to be abandoned due to the snow and was rescheduled to form a joint event.
With a packed paddock of racers and a crowd of more than 40,000, Colin brought his PAS Construction backed Yamaha R1 home in seventh place, out of a strong field of 34.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Due to work commitments and funding, I couldn't get to the test day, so I had to go straight into qualifying, with no practice.
"I managed to secure 15th place, which put me on the fourth row.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
"I finished 14th in Saturday's race, but I knew I could better that. When Sunday came, I got my head down and pushed hard.
"I managed to pass eight riders, get myself up to seventh place and was gaining on the leading pack, but my clutch started to go two laps from the end, so I settled for seventh place and cruised the bike home. It was a fantastic weekend of racing. The atmosphere was electric and I'm very happy with my result.