Local electrician Colin Parks Parker proved that a few months away from the race track has not affected the Hitchin racer s talent. Parker took part in the sun-drenched BMCRC Superstock 1000 race at Brands Hatch recently. The meeting was a joint round,
Local electrician Colin 'Parks' Parker proved that a few months away from the race track has not affected the Hitchin racer's talent.
Parker took part in the sun-drenched BMCRC Superstock 1000 race at Brands Hatch recently.
The meeting was a joint round, combining the British Motor Cycle Racing Club and British Superbikes, whose first round in April had to be abandoned due to the snow and was rescheduled to form a joint event.
With a packed paddock of racers and a crowd of more than 40,000, Colin brought his PAS Construction backed Yamaha R1 home in seventh place, out of a strong field of 34.
He said: "Due to work commitments and funding, I couldn't get to the test day, so I had to go straight into qualifying, with no practice.
"I managed to secure 15th place, which put me on the fourth row.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 5 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
"I finished 14th in Saturday's race, but I knew I could better that. When Sunday came, I got my head down and pushed hard.
"I managed to pass eight riders, get myself up to seventh place and was gaining on the leading pack, but my clutch started to go two laps from the end, so I settled for seventh place and cruised the bike home. It was a fantastic weekend of racing. The atmosphere was electric and I'm very happy with my result.