Sophie's making the grade
There was more success on the national stage for Marriotts gymnasts. This was at the British Club grade four, three, two and one at Birmingham over the weekend. The national grade finals have teams from each of the 10 regions of England, plus three Home N
There was more success on the national stage for Marriotts gymnasts.
This was at the British Club grade four, three, two and one at Birmingham over the weekend.
The national grade finals have teams from each of the 10 regions of England, plus three Home Nations.
Teams are composed of the top four gymnasts qualifying from the respective regional finals.
In the grade three final, there was success for Sophie Cripps as a member of the Eastern Region team.
The top three scores in each apparatus count towards the final team score, and Sophie's score counted on all four pieces.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist
This helped the region to the silver medal position in the team event, in what turned out to be a close battle between the first and second teams.
In the individual competition, Sophie took 10th place and only a fall in her beam routine stopped her finishing in the medals.
In the grade four competition, Talia Francis made the long trip to Birmingham as reserve for the Eastern Region team.
Although not called upon to compete, she still came away with a gold medal as the Eastern Region team won the overall team competition at this grade.
The team success underlined what an excellent performance Talia had put in a few weeks earlier by finishing fifth in what proved to be the strongest region in the country.