Sophie's making the grade
There was more success on the national stage for Marriotts gymnasts. This was at the British Club grade four, three, two and one at Birmingham over the weekend. The national grade finals have teams from each of the 10 regions of England, plus three Home N
There was more success on the national stage for Marriotts gymnasts.
This was at the British Club grade four, three, two and one at Birmingham over the weekend.
The national grade finals have teams from each of the 10 regions of England, plus three Home Nations.
Teams are composed of the top four gymnasts qualifying from the respective regional finals.
You may also want to watch:
In the grade three final, there was success for Sophie Cripps as a member of the Eastern Region team.
The top three scores in each apparatus count towards the final team score, and Sophie's score counted on all four pieces.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
This helped the region to the silver medal position in the team event, in what turned out to be a close battle between the first and second teams.
In the individual competition, Sophie took 10th place and only a fall in her beam routine stopped her finishing in the medals.
In the grade four competition, Talia Francis made the long trip to Birmingham as reserve for the Eastern Region team.
Although not called upon to compete, she still came away with a gold medal as the Eastern Region team won the overall team competition at this grade.
The team success underlined what an excellent performance Talia had put in a few weeks earlier by finishing fifth in what proved to be the strongest region in the country.