Snooker: Lee has a ball
The third Comet Cup of 2006 at Hitchin Snooker Centre produced some really good snooker from its 17 entrants. Beaten finalist Lee Hair was outplayed in the final by Lee Gibbs, who won the final frame and his first ever competition by potting the blue off
The third Comet Cup of 2006 at Hitchin Snooker Centre produced some really good snooker from its 17 entrants.
Beaten finalist Lee Hair was outplayed in the final by Lee Gibbs, who won the final frame and his first ever competition by potting the blue off five cushions!
The competition was played over four rounds, with the first two rounds being three frames, the quarter-finals five frames and the semis and final seven frames. The other semi-finalists were Jeff Hossieni and Gary Pyper.
The prize money for this competition totalled £210, with Gibbs winning £150 and Hair the remaining £60.
You may also want to watch:
Highest breaks came from Matt Andrews (48) and Hair (47).
The Comet Cup, a handicap competition, is played on the last Sunday of every month and costs £10 to enter. A large buffet is provided for all entrants.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
The competition is open to all and anyone requiring more information should call Michael Norgan on 07814 002916 or please email email@example.com
Hitchin Snooker Club also holds a weekly handicap competition every Sunday, which is £5 to enter.
The handicap system is the same as used in the Comet Cup and is open to all.