Smashing time is in store
Stevenage Boro Ladies beat Brentwood Town to reach the league plate final. They were 2-1 winners over the Eastern Region Division One East side on Sunday at Sawbridgeworth Town. The first half indicated the game was going to be tight with both teams field
Stevenage Boro Ladies beat Brentwood Town to reach the league plate final.
They were 2-1 winners over the Eastern Region Division One East side on Sunday at Sawbridgeworth Town.
The first half indicated the game was going to be tight with both teams fielding young sides.
Boro missed chances through their front two, Katie Light and Tasha Rolt, and good saves from keeper April Spang meant the tie was still 0-0 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
However, minutes into the new half, Light latched on to a great ball from right winger Rachel Edlin to give Boro a deserved lead.
The ladies continued to put the pressure on with good chances falling to midfielders Jay Madden and Amy Vye.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
A free-kick for Brentwood just outside the Boro box saw them draw level.
Boro fought on and Light came up with her second goal of the tie.
A well-worked free-kick from midfielder Vye and left-back Kerry Evans got the ball into the six-yard box for Light to net.
Boro will now face league rivals Sawbridgeworth in the final at Soham's ground.