Smashing time is in store
Stevenage Boro Ladies beat Brentwood Town to reach the league plate final. They were 2-1 winners over the Eastern Region Division One East side on Sunday at Sawbridgeworth Town. The first half indicated the game was going to be tight with both teams field
Stevenage Boro Ladies beat Brentwood Town to reach the league plate final.
They were 2-1 winners over the Eastern Region Division One East side on Sunday at Sawbridgeworth Town.
The first half indicated the game was going to be tight with both teams fielding young sides.
Boro missed chances through their front two, Katie Light and Tasha Rolt, and good saves from keeper April Spang meant the tie was still 0-0 at the break.
However, minutes into the new half, Light latched on to a great ball from right winger Rachel Edlin to give Boro a deserved lead.
The ladies continued to put the pressure on with good chances falling to midfielders Jay Madden and Amy Vye.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 3 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 6 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 7 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
A free-kick for Brentwood just outside the Boro box saw them draw level.
Boro fought on and Light came up with her second goal of the tie.
A well-worked free-kick from midfielder Vye and left-back Kerry Evans got the ball into the six-yard box for Light to net.
Boro will now face league rivals Sawbridgeworth in the final at Soham's ground.