Smashing time is in store
Stevenage Boro Ladies beat Brentwood Town to reach the league plate final. They were 2-1 winners over the Eastern Region Division One East side on Sunday at Sawbridgeworth Town. The first half indicated the game was going to be tight with both teams field
Stevenage Boro Ladies beat Brentwood Town to reach the league plate final.
They were 2-1 winners over the Eastern Region Division One East side on Sunday at Sawbridgeworth Town.
The first half indicated the game was going to be tight with both teams fielding young sides.
Boro missed chances through their front two, Katie Light and Tasha Rolt, and good saves from keeper April Spang meant the tie was still 0-0 at the break.
However, minutes into the new half, Light latched on to a great ball from right winger Rachel Edlin to give Boro a deserved lead.
The ladies continued to put the pressure on with good chances falling to midfielders Jay Madden and Amy Vye.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist
A free-kick for Brentwood just outside the Boro box saw them draw level.
Boro fought on and Light came up with her second goal of the tie.
A well-worked free-kick from midfielder Vye and left-back Kerry Evans got the ball into the six-yard box for Light to net.
Boro will now face league rivals Sawbridgeworth in the final at Soham's ground.