Slideshow: Stotfold draw in penultimate game
Sleaford 1 Stotfold 1 The champions complete their successful league season with the rematch against old foes St Neots this week (Thursday night). Their final away game was a largely uneventful one hindered by the wind blowing across the pitch and not giv
Sleaford 1 Stotfold 1
The champions complete their successful league season with the rematch against old foes St Neots this week (Thursday night).
Their final away game was a largely uneventful one hindered by the wind blowing across the pitch and not giving either team any advantage.
The first half passed with both sides failing to get a shot on target.
You may also want to watch:
James Shaw shot wide after collecting a defensive error five minutes in, and Arin Fehmi placed Paul Garrett's ball into the box over the bar on 21 minutes.
Sleaford's Matt Lunn finished off the first 45 minutes by putting two chances wide with shots from the left-hand side of the box.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
Fehmi got a low shot on target at the start of the second half but the lack of power made it a comfortable save for Danny Tomlinson.
The deadlock was finally broken on 53 minutes when, after some good passing in the build-up, Lee Allinson lifted the ball over the last defender and then chipped Tomlinson as he came running towards him on the edge of the box.
Shaw was put through in the middle a few minutes later but his shot was straight at Gillham.
He again went close, this time hitting the upright from a tight angle on the right, on 87 minutes.
The Sleaford equaliser came in stoppage time with a long throw being headed down for Chris Jones to fire in from close range at the near post.
Rokermen: Gillham, Reed, Drury, Shambrook, Juneja, Lee, Case, L Donnelly, Fehmi (Hull), Allinson, Garrett.