Slideshow: Pin Green Juniors celebrate four decades of football
Pin Green Juniors are celebrating four decades of football and had a crowning weekend at the Fairlands Youth 11-a-side tournament. They took five teams – the new under-11s, and under-13s, 14s, 15s and 16s. Pin Green enjoyed three tournament successes with
Pin Green Juniors are celebrating four decades of football and had a crowning weekend at the Fairlands Youth 11-a-side tournament.
They took five teams - the new under-11s, and under-13s, 14s, 15s and 16s.
Pin Green enjoyed three tournament successes with the under-13s, 15s and 16s all winning their respective groups and the finals by not conceding a goal in open play.
To celebrate further, the under-15s were awarded the First Division championship from last year when they were under-14s, as Knebworth Youth were unable to field a side for the play-offs final.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Swaine, manager of the under-15s, said: "Winning the title was fantastic for the boys as they worked very hard throughout the year. Winning this tournament gives the team great confidence for the season ahead."
Mark Baker, manager of the under-16s, added: "It went to penalties and the boys were great; they held their nerve and played like champions and won."
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 3 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 4 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 5 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 6 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
- 7 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 8 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 9 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 10 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
Tony Cary, chairperson and manager of the under-13s, said: "This was a great day for the under-13s; we had some new players join us this season and the team all played well together.
"This was also a great day for the club in our anniversary year; everyone within the club played a major part in this success."
Pin Green Juniors, an FA Charter Standard club since 2005, are celebrating 40 years in 2008 and are always looking for new players of all abilities. If you are interested in joining one of the teams or alternatively in becoming a volunteer, visit www.pingreenjuniors.org, email email@example.com or call Tony Cary on 01438 350787.
* Letchworth Garden City Eagles under-16 girls won the recent Sandy Colts tournament.
* Shefford Saints under-sevens are shown wearing their new kit courtesy of sponsor Gary Sales of Continual Solutions (centre) with managers Paul Savuto (left) and Mark Clark (right).
Saints are also looking for players, including goalkeepers, and if you are interested call Paul on 07834 499595.